Forum Replies Created

Page 203 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    June 23, 2016 at 12:23 pm in reply to: Can I make a new event from clips in a timeline?

    Can’t you just make the Event and drag your clips in that?

  • Eric Santiago

    June 8, 2016 at 7:22 pm in reply to: .mts (AVCHD) pains me

    [Doug Suiter] “I just finished a project and had the exact same experience. I’d love to see if someone can offer any tips.
    “

    A no brainer for me but since I inherited this project I didnt do the basic steps of just taking the whole media folder and converting to ProRes 422 in Adobe Media Encoder.

    Now the client is happy she can edit in FCPX with no beach balls 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    June 7, 2016 at 7:58 pm in reply to: .mts (AVCHD) pains me

    [John Rofrano] “I edit AVCHD from my Sony camera without any problems “

    John I believe you cause I have other colleagues that dont run into this issue.

    However it equals others that have so its never an exact science.

    I dont know the specs other than it was shot in HD.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 6, 2016 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Importing an Avid 5.5 project into Avid 8.4

    Do you have the project?

    Just place that in Avid Projects folder.

    I would suggest making a new MXF sub-folder with the old data to keep to clear from new ones.

    I get paranoid with mixing old files.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 2, 2016 at 4:08 pm in reply to: How can I do this in After Effects?

    You answered it yourself.

    I dont even think AE SCripts has anything like that.

    Ive created my own and made a library of corners, straight and bends/bows.

    But you still have to set it up.

    Like the shading for the depth look and length of the straight aways.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 2, 2016 at 2:33 pm in reply to: Rendering optical flow

    Is the issue with a specific clip?

  • Eric Santiago

    May 20, 2016 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Pegasus R4 – replacing drives

    Shouldn’t be a problem with larger drives, we purchased a few Pegasus R4s and placed our own 2s to 4 TB drives.

  • I use GTECH RAIDs and have not had any issues with the portables, SAS and recent Thunderbolt2 offerings.
    However we did kill a two FC XL units but the other two are still going strong after 6 years. Those are Fibre units though.

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 10:22 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Yeah. That is a mess right there, but”

    LOL!

    Thanks I needed that.

    I am going through the whole thing again and documenting the errors.
    This way the original editor doesnt think I screwed this up on purpose.

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 6:16 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Jeremy Garchow] ” think FCP throws a flag once it seems a disconnect between the file and the metadata. Who knows where or when this disconnected data was added. Perhaps someone modified the file in between when the project was last saved, and when you received it, or the metadata was only added to the project and not the original file. “

    Thats the thing. When I first started with this project I was told to open specific files dated Dec 2015.
    I then got it all connected in FCP7 before exporting XML to FCPX.
    I thought it was all good from that point until I sat down with the new editor (he quit on the project thus why I was on it). There was too many errors from FCP to FCPX so I went and tried to dig deeper.
    As it turns out I was using the wrong files.
    There were newer ones dated in April 2016 with the tag ONLINE on it.
    So I thought ooops there it is!!
    I was wrong.
    Those are the right files but thats when the nightmare started.
    Nothing connects properly with most of the audio.
    Sure a good average of 70% was working but the 30% is critically fubar.
    Not a time slip issue but basically 30sec to 1min off sync.
    So where did this all go wrong?
    The older files are a lot different than the ONLINE ones.
    I know that if I had the patience I can copy paste the bad sections into a new sequence and work this out but honestly whos in for that kind of fun 😛

Page 203 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy