Forum Replies Created

Page 204 of 282
  • Got a few of these but we populated them with drives from a dead GTECH FC XL RAID I think 7200RPM 1.5TB.

    Does the job not as fast as I wanted but works.

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 2:27 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    Question on the File Attribute Mismatch error.
    I noticed it on a PSD file?
    How does this affect an static image?
    I find this to be an odd error.
    I can understand anything with a time length but a static image?

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 2:29 am in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    Thanks again Jeremy.

    Here are some oddities Ive found.

    Suspect files are two to three frames shorter than the ones I find on the drive.
    Ive trashed the renders numerous times.
    I also noticed that rendering the master sequence does not render the sub sequences 😛
    Wow that blows my mind!
    Yes the multiple clips are a pain and Ive been listening to make sure its the right take.
    But I am not going to do that with every issue.
    I think the project is done on my end and will be returning it to the client.
    They will take it back to the original editor (another country) and deal with it there.

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 1:53 am in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    Here is another error pop-up:

    File Attribute Mismatch

    Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen…
    The attributes that differed are as follows:
    – media start and end
    – reel
    – rate

    When I choose continue I feel its not going anywhere.

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 1:50 am in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Sorry should have been more clear, you Resample and save each file, not in a batch.”

    Thanks Jeremy.

    But honestly is this why the audio in many instances is way off by seconds and not frames. I can hear the slate at most of the beginning of each time a ZOOM file was used.
    Now what bugs me is that its sporadic.
    Heck if it was across the board I would given up a the first episode and walked away.
    I am not getting any errors on missing files so I am certain its all there.
    So again, is this caused by the 44KHz audio?

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 1:12 am in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Oliver Peters] “That’s a definite no-no in FCP7.”

    Oh good god the whole project is done like this.

    Seriously this is a nightmare.

    What baffles me is how did the original editor get all the way to the 13th episode?

    I feel Im being punked with this project 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    May 12, 2016 at 12:53 am in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Darren Roark] “It might be worth giving it a shot translating without the nesting. Is it only on the compound clips? Does breaking them apart fix it? “

    Im gonna be honest, the legacy files are fubar even at FCP7.
    Here is what Ive found to date.
    All the Zoom files are 44KHz but the sequences 48KHz.
    Honestly dont know if that would be the culprit but I figured Id report it anyways.
    Then during file opening in FCP7 I ge this error:
    The file does not have enought audio tracks to reconnect “zoom…” at time ## in sequence “Synced Sequence”.
    Click “OK” to make this item independent and go to the next clip or “Cancel” to skip all clips from this file.

    I think these audio files have been through PluralEyes.
    And the offending files have a “Tr3” tag in the names.

    Im not sure if any of the above is the cause of this mess since Im only seeing it affecting three clips (in this particular episode)

    I will battle on and if I lose anymore sleep I think I will have to say “no mas” 🙁

  • Eric Santiago

    May 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Darren Roark] “Do you have the FCP 7 project and is the media Canon MXF? If so let FCP X rewrap them to QT’s via the import window, relink those in FCP 7, ‘un-nest’ any nested items and try 7toX again. “

    They seem to be C100 QT. There are other formats but honestly I am too overwhelmed to go over them again.

    I sure miss working on the last feature where its one big ass timeline 🙂

    Episodic projects that borrow from past/future episodes are a nightmare to deal with 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    May 11, 2016 at 4:35 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Jeremy Garchow] “I don’t know if you have the FCP7 project, but you could edit the names of the audio files, like Audio004_File01, Audio004_File02, or whatever. This should also rename the clips in the timeline as long as they are connected to the master clip.”

    Hey thanks thats a great tip.

    The hunt for missing files go deeper now as I go from episode to episode.

    The worse part about all this is that the original editor worked off 6 USB 3 drives.

    Its been quite a hellish project 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    May 11, 2016 at 4:33 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    [Noah Kadner] “My suggestion would be to either cut in 7 or start from scratch in X. In the long run it will be more efficient and you won’t end up at Arkham Asylum.”

    I will have to with some of the episodes but will stay in legacy 🙁

    Your bang on about Arkham cause this app (after 5 years in FCPX) is like pulling teeth at every click 😛

Page 204 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy