Forum Replies Created

Page 205 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    May 10, 2016 at 8:10 pm in reply to: 7toX workflow issues

    After talking with client it seems the first episode was started in Premiere then ended up in FCP7.
    The rest of episodes were started/finished in FCP7 and yes all sections are nested neatly but I guess in the end a nightmare going forward.
    I also see attempts at using PluralEyes gone wrong.
    Seems the audio team reformatted the Zoom SD card daily and every so often I see a clip e.g. AUDIO.004 being used in numerous episodes and parts all sitting in the wrong section.
    And if you do a search for AUDIO.004 you will find a dozen named the same 😛
    Ive been away from FCP7 for tool long and its a struggle to get all this together.
    Thanks guys for the tips and Ill keep at it till head explodes 🙂

  • [Marten Zander] “I am just trying to scale the outline of a circle but asynchronously.”

    Im not sure but would the Effect > Generate > Ellipse help?

  • Eric Santiago

    April 29, 2016 at 8:18 pm in reply to: 4K vs 4K-HD-4K workflows

    Another great article Oliver thank you 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    April 29, 2016 at 7:19 pm in reply to: 4K Breakout Box

    [Michael Phillips] “The latest RED AMA plug-in and MC release did (finally) provide support for RED R3D GPU Based debayer which will help performance (along with the cache) but none of that has anything to do with the Avid branded Blackmagic IO box”

    Thanks Michael I didnt realise that was an option (finally).
    Took the ROCKET offline for months since we didnt see any help in Avid.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 29, 2016 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Workflow question

    [Tina Mascara] “What do I need to take it to Red X for the trims? I plan to do the color correction in Davinci Resolve”

    True you dont but I make it a habit to check in REDCINEX at times.

    I get projects that are not prelit so I bring it into RCX for just that.

    I also check for other things (too deep to mention).

    I just finished a feature and it was all cut using Proxies (Dailies) I created from RCX.
    Brought it into Premiere CC for rough and exported FCP XML to Resolve/RCX for everything under the sun.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 28, 2016 at 2:58 pm in reply to: Resolve 12.5 as NLE

    Still on v11.
    I cant deal with another NLE.

  • Not on Dragon still MX and loving the tubes for real time playback.
    Still have a CUBIX with a few Quadro 4000 and its doing okay.
    However even to date the ROCKET helps on the older MacPro’s.
    New ones dont utilize the ROCKET so were good with MX files on fast TB2 RAIDs.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 28, 2016 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Workflow for relinking proxys to source material

    [Marc Wielage] “DPX is fairly system intensive, and I usually tell clients to go with something a little less demanding, like ProRes 444 or 444HQ.
    “

    This has always been on my mind.
    Do you feel DPX is more of a end of finishing format?
    The only time Ive ever used it to date is to get my files into my REDPLAYER for 4K viewing.
    Eventually I will need to use DPX for final but when is it best in your opinion.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 21, 2016 at 6:08 pm in reply to: quicktime problems for adobe cc

    [Oliver Peters] “There are plenty of alternatives to the player.
    “

    I for one avoid QT player on the Mac itself these days.

    I use VLC or host NLE.

    That converting option annoys me and I know I can fix it but again I dont use the player period.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 21, 2016 at 1:05 pm in reply to: quicktime problems for adobe cc

    Funny after all these years Ive been in the business no one has stepped up and created their own codec/container that could surpass QT.
    I’ve lived in a PC only video world for two summers and survived with the Perception PVR using sequential TGAs.
    If I had to go back I can probably live with it since Im used to that workflow with Maya and at times CinemaDNG.
    DNxHD/HR is also in my workflow to date but can that ultimately replace QT on the Windows side?
    If a mfg refuses to support something then dont support them.
    I live in an Apple world so I can deal with it on my terms.

Page 205 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy