Forum Replies Created

Page 206 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    April 20, 2016 at 12:56 pm in reply to: So, did you do any early Christmas shopping?

    Due to the dollar I took my fingers off a few major components to my RED system 🙁
    Yes I am Canadian 😉

  • Eric Santiago

    April 19, 2016 at 5:24 pm in reply to: Thunderbolt 2 docks

    I load ours up with Resolve/Avid/ProTools dongles, REDMAG reader, daisy-chained Pegasus/GTECH and usb jump drives.
    Now Ive never attached a display for it since were using old Cinema 30s via Geffen DUAL-DVI switchers.
    I dont think Id ever attempt using a display on it.

  • They are the same.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 18, 2016 at 8:22 pm in reply to: Thunderbolt 2 docks

    Love the OWC so far flawless.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 13, 2016 at 6:22 pm in reply to: 4K client monitor ?

    Were using a Sony XBR 55″ 4K that upscales 1080 decent.
    Using it with the Avid DNxIO as well as BMD VideoHUB.
    Not bad for a $1100 CAD display.

  • We have the BMD 4K (first series) and it can only a single HDMI output to 4K.
    However you can use the SDI to HD which is probably best for grading.
    We also have the Avid DNxIO (BMD mfg) and that too can only output to a single 4K display.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Laptop for editing 4k (GH4/offline)

    Not sure what the GPU is on that Dell but thats the key for 4K.
    Ive been editing on a MacBook Pro 2008 Uni with BMD 2.5K, RED 4K and up and GH4 4K for awhile now.
    Its the last 17″ with NVIDIA 🙁
    Its all on the GPU I do believe.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 4, 2016 at 9:46 pm in reply to: Legacy Blues

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Can you give a step by step of what you’re doing as I am having trouble following the XML trail.”

    Success but in an odd way. First Ill explain workflow.

    Received FPC7 files opened and saved recently by a different editor.
    I then opened in FCP7 on my workstation and noticed a ton of files not linking. The errors were odd everything from file length shorter blah etc.
    I then exported to XML so I can see if it works in FCPX.
    Used 7toX in same system as FCPX for this.
    FCPX would show all the missing clips but the errors were odd.
    There were files one second shorter than what FCPX metadata was showing.
    I even tried to relink manually and no go.
    Well this was a waste of my week-end so I went back to the original files.
    I then opened files that were un-touched by previous editor.
    Those files came up perfectly in FCP7 so I felt condifent about the XML export.
    Well after wasting all that time with relink I am glad that all 13 episodes (well except for one that has a few audio files not playing nice) came intact in FCPX.
    So I dont honestly know what happened but its all good now.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 3, 2016 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Legacy Blues

    Oops sorry.
    Apparently FCP7 is the original app.
    Not sure about Cinema Tools, I dont think they go that deep.

    Well here is another nightmare issue.
    When selecting missing clip then Relink, Im not getting the right file in the Original files list.
    Its showing a totally different file.
    Now I am assuming the translation got lost during 7toX.

    Like I said the files are in the computer they just refuse to sync up.
    Even importing doesnt sync it.
    This usually works with RED files for me.
    The formats of this project are mostly C100, Canon DSLR and ZOOM.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 3, 2016 at 3:55 pm in reply to: Legacy Blues

    Nigeria I do believe.
    I tried another round in FPC7 and got different results again.
    Its not consistent when opening the project in FCP7, exporting XML to 7toX then back into FCPX.
    Kinda maddening and I can understand Render files not-linking but actual files that exist in the hard-drive…that I don get 😛

Page 206 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy