Forum Replies Created

Page 207 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    April 2, 2016 at 6:23 pm in reply to: Legacy Blues

    I found one culprit in this project.
    The FCP/FCPX project states that this one particular file was originally 25i.
    However when I import the file FCPX states 25p.
    Could this be one of the stumbling blocks on a clean reconnect?
    I guess reconvert the 25p to 25i might help.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 1, 2016 at 1:41 pm in reply to: Video media and OS on same SSD?

    FCPX does a great job at finding moved data.
    Of course the data has to be mounted.
    You get so used to it that when you open a Premiere/Avid file and data has been moved I always ponder why the heck is it looking so hard and why is it asking me to relink due to a different path (Premiere) or wait for media database to refresh.
    As long as you keep the folder structure in tact you should be fine.
    I am sure FCPX will find it even it is moved.

  • Eric Santiago

    March 31, 2016 at 8:05 pm in reply to: The 66 percent solution to BluRay shares?

    I use Toast for one-offs and still have Adobe Encore CS6 in my old Mac.

    I love authoring pop-ups so its always a fun ride in Encore 🙂

    I have successfully burned out of FCPX but nothing longer than a 5 min clip.

    I cant trust it if you doing shorts to feature length.

  • I know this is an old post but I ran into an issue with 7toX of late.

    I have to convert all these FCP7 docs to FCPX.

    I noticed that one sequence would come in as a CC but all the rest are fine and appears as a FCPX project.

    Is this an issue with FCP7, FCPX 10.2.1 or 7toX (I dont know which version I have)?

  • Eric Santiago

    March 31, 2016 at 3:33 am in reply to: Video media and OS on same SSD?

    its really a choice.

    It works but you will run out of space fast.

    I never use Copy to Library option.

    I live in a RED Eco so all my files are on RAIDs.

    As far as performance its hard to say with my nMP.

    The internal drive is wicked fast.

    But I dont ever use it for media with FCPX.

    After Effects and Photoshop yes.

  • Eric Santiago

    March 26, 2016 at 3:52 am in reply to: You gotta be kidding…Markers?

    Yep this bit me again 😛
    Seriously not even fixed with CC 2015.

    Client used a 80GB file as source and created markers.
    The clip was on desktop when markers were created.
    Now the Premiere project made it to me along with the file but since the desktop doesnt exist (delivered via ext drive) Premiere doesnt care if its the same file, it just doesnt carry the markers.

    This seems like a waste of an option for shared projects.

  • How are you finding the quality from MP3 to AAC?

  • Eric Santiago

    March 23, 2016 at 1:53 pm in reply to: 4k editing workflow

    For my RED workflow with Premiere and FCPX I usually do the switch at Resolve.
    But yes, its fun editing in 4K plus in FCPX natively 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    March 21, 2016 at 7:43 pm in reply to: Animating Graphic Images in a Circle

    In 3D space or in 2D flat on screen?

    You can trace a perfect circle with the path tool if its 2D.

  • Eric Santiago

    March 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Need tips for syncing.

    Would sync and link x help?
    I know its $200 USD but Im curious.

Page 207 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy