Forum Replies Created

Page 208 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    March 14, 2016 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Is the HP Z820 Workstation Class Machine…

    [Duke Sweden] “But even as simplistic as that is, it took forever to render. It’s not the render time, though, it’s the super slow choppy playback when I add the slightest of effects to a clip that gets me. But I’ll just have to make do for now.”

    My render times were decent it was the GUI and I believe it was an NVIDIA 3400 Quadro FX card.
    But honestly how can that card be slower than an MacBook Pro Intel on-board graphics?

  • Eric Santiago

    March 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm in reply to: Is the HP Z820 Workstation Class Machine…

    [Jeff Pulera] “Your idea of a basic machine, and the ideas of professional post house editors may not match up, different leagues. Don’t jump into anything just yet.”

    I found this out the hard way a month ago trying to help finish an edit on a colleagues supposed killer PC box.

    I guess anything older than 3 years that industry called top of the line for NLE/3D work dont cut it these days.

    Premiere CC 2015 was so brutally slow on it for me, I use mostly Macs for everything except 3D.

    I too need to put a decent Premiere PC system together for a colleague and interested in the options.

  • I do Save as Source but at times I have to move the final file somewhere else to avoid the long compression times (for long format) so I go with best possible ProRes/DNxHR.
    I then use Adobe Media Encoder.
    The options for YouTube and Vimeo on that are bang on.

  • Eric Santiago

    March 12, 2016 at 6:25 pm in reply to: roto options?

    Also suggest Mocha for After Effects.

  • Eric Santiago

    February 29, 2016 at 5:52 pm in reply to: How can this sort of a blur effect be achieved?

    Mask the area as well before applying any blurs.

    Sometime scaling the layer help (vertical in that case).

  • I have asked about a collapse option similar to FCPX function.
    So far nothing.

  • Eric Santiago

    February 27, 2016 at 10:40 pm in reply to: You gotta be kidding…Markers?

    FCP XML option not viable.
    I can see the Marker statement but one particular XML editor refuse to filter them.
    Dont have my coding hat on 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    February 27, 2016 at 10:24 pm in reply to: You gotta be kidding…Markers?

    Digging up an old post of mine.
    Just to add, there is no way to list all Markers in a timeline within Premiere.
    It seems export markers only work on selected clips.
    Then of course you cant select more than one clip and have Premiere show it in the markers window.
    Anyone have any options for this?
    I am attempting XML and try using Oxygen XML reader to sift through.

  • Eric Santiago

    February 26, 2016 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Duplicating precomps

    Cool script in the past we just created a template and re-import that template.

  • Eric Santiago

    February 26, 2016 at 6:34 pm in reply to: Avid Default Color Temperature

    Is the question referring to Kelvin or ISO?
    Not sure if thats even a thing in Avid.
    I know that in my RED eco system I wouldnt want Avid to be determining that setting.

Page 208 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy