Forum Replies Created

Page 201 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    July 28, 2016 at 12:03 pm in reply to: So, what’s happening?

    I have never posted negatives about FCPX since its release.
    Even though it failed in so many ways for others.
    However this time around I think they should fix a few things before making it bloatware.
    Current doc Im dealing with crashes on AVCHD files converted to ProRes422.
    I never crash on full feature R3Ds like this why on short form docs I dont know.
    Running on nMP D500@16GB maybe?

  • Eric Santiago

    July 26, 2016 at 2:03 pm in reply to: FCPX archiving

    You can as long as you maintain folder structure.
    But even then a little elbow grease you can resurrect dismantled resources in no time.
    I’ve had the displeasure of working with multiple drives and folders that was renamed.
    As long as you have the original (I only work with original footage) imported it all comes back even the Synced files.
    This got smoother after 10.1 for me.
    For my evening classes I got the students to hand in XML files instead of packaging.
    As long as they maintain resource links (I provide 99% of the working files) and send external links to my Dropbox.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 25, 2016 at 6:56 pm in reply to: Font Management

    We use Suitcase Fusion.

    Not cheap but great for our shop.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 25, 2016 at 6:55 pm in reply to: Using stills from AE to create an image

    Unless you have the final output on QuickTime files.

    Then just import those.

    Is the final output for high res print?

  • Eric Santiago

    July 25, 2016 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Using stills from AE to create an image

    Are all the projects setup the same e.g. HD, 4K, etc…

    Whats wrong with importing 20 AEP in one project.

    I do it all the time and avoids screwing up the original.

    Much faster than opening one project at a time.

    Then if your setting up in 3D you might have to make changes to the static frame so no need to open up the original project again.

    I export all kinds of frames from PSD, JPEG, PNG, etc…

    They all work to up to 30k pixels.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 25, 2016 at 2:50 pm in reply to: Where’s your footage coming from?

    [Shane Ross] “”They were the best of formats, they were the worst of formats.”

    -A Tale of Two Cameras.”

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 19, 2016 at 6:21 pm in reply to: Where’s your footage coming from?

    I own a RED Scarlet and GH4.

    I also acquire the best and worst formats.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 13, 2016 at 1:18 pm in reply to: A bridge too far?

    [James Culbertson] “I would assume that pro’s generally don’t go to Brick and Mortar Stores to make their purchases. When is the last time you have made a major purchase of a Mac or PC at an actual store versus online? “

    So true. Im but f’ of nowhere and I havent seen a nMP at the local Apple Store since 2013.

    We buy from big distros and only reason Id walk into an Apple Store is to charge up my dying 5s 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    July 12, 2016 at 8:24 pm in reply to: TC Burn In App

    Thanks for the tips, this will help.

    I havent had to do this in ages.

    Im used to RED footage exports for dailies using RCX.

    I didnt realise AME had this option.

  • Eric Santiago

    July 12, 2016 at 7:53 pm in reply to: TC Burn In App

    I just have to update my AME.

    Thanks again Michael!

Page 201 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy