Forum Replies Created

Page 359 of 459
  • Edward Troxel

    December 20, 2005 at 2:36 pm in reply to: really dumb question

    Using Gary’s method, they should move IF you pick the option that EVERYTHING moves.

    There’s also a “Lock Envelopes to Events” button on the toolbar. If that’s on, they should move when you move the events.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 6:08 pm in reply to: Error Printing to Tape

    I was unaware of any USB methods that would do a raw transfer. All the USB methods I’ve seen actually “captured” the video instead of “Copy” the video and the result was not a standard DV-AVI file. I still know of no way to output via USB, though.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 4:53 pm in reply to: really dumb question

    “G”roup them?

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 4:53 pm in reply to: 32khz audio slow

    If you ask 4-channel audio, the main responses you get are that the quality is not there. For the main type of videos I tape, the quality is fine but I will concede that the quality will be lower. 4-channel capture is the ONLY reason I initially purchased Scenalyzer.

    DV allows either 2 digital audio channels (usually stereo) at 16 bit resolution and 48 kHz sampling rate, or 4 digital audio channels at 12 bit resolution and 32 kHz sampling rate. For professional or broadcast applications, 48 kHz is used almost exclusively. If you’re capturing 4-channel, I would force it to 32KHz.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 3:42 pm in reply to: cartoon look recipe

    Look at Vol 2 #9 of my newsletters.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 3:40 pm in reply to: how to get frame grabbed from Vegas??

    Put the cursor on the desired frame and click the “Save Snapshot” button just above the preview screen.

    There are things you can do to improve the quality of the snapshots such as changing the preview mode to “Best (Full)” first. I have full details in Vol 1 #5 of my newsletters.

    For the simplest method of getting the best image possible, use a script that will set all the settings, save the image, and then reset them to the values you were using. Excalibur can save one or more snapshots at a time but a simple script can be found here:
    https://www.jetdv.com/scripts/SnapshotToFile.js

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 2:19 pm in reply to: 32khz audio slow

    I have never seen Scenalyzer do that. Any time I’ve captured 4-channel, both the WAV and AVI have matched lengthes. I think I’d try recapturing.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 19, 2005 at 5:07 am in reply to: DVD audio level really low ?? (forgot the fix)

    That’s very interesting. I’ve never heard of anything like that before. Most of my DVDs do have menus of some sort. I have created some “Single Movie” DVDs and have not noticed that problem but the player base for these has not been great enough to make any serious determinations.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 18, 2005 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Error Printing to Tape

    [Priddygirl] “Do I have to use a firewire to output to DV? Can I adjust settings in my project to output to USB?”

    YES – Use FIREWIRE – always. USB is not a good for capturing! Stick with the standard and use firewire. You will experience fewer problems and get better results.

    [Terje A. Bergesen] “On my camcorder the FireWire port is dead, so USB-2 is my only option.”

    I’d be getting it fixed or use another camera to capture. USB capture is much lower quality than firewire.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 18, 2005 at 8:24 pm in reply to: DVD audio level really low ?? (forgot the fix)

    No. Even stereo mixes drop volume. The content will help determine how severely.

    You’ll particularly notice it if you make both DVD and VHS and play them back on the same TV. The DVD may need a volume of 35 while the VHS needs 25 – just to both be the SAME volume. I notice a lot of variance on TV anyway, though.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

Page 359 of 459

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy