Forum Replies Created

Page 353 of 459
  • Edward Troxel

    December 29, 2005 at 1:35 am in reply to: Upgrading RAM size

    How are you rendering the MPEG2 file? What bitrate are you using? What format audio are you using (pcm or ac3)?

    Sounds like it might be possible that your bitrate is too high causing some players to stutter.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 9:53 pm in reply to: Upgrading RAM size

    [Actxiom] “I have been fighting skips and out of sync video/audio”

    On the timeline? During Previews? Outputting to tape? Once you get to the DVD? WHERE???

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 9:52 pm in reply to: Video Capture with Vegas 6.0

    [Alisha] “I am not sure if it actually worked though, even though it said completed. The shortcut still only says 6.0.”

    Go to Help – About and Vegas will tell you the version (it’s also on the splash screen on startup)

    [Alisha] “My video comes up in the capture screen and it says it is capturing.”

    What if you try something like Scenalyzer Live? It’s a great capture program for DV.

    [Alisha] “When I try to put the video in the timeline, the audio will come up but I am unable to get the video.”

    Ok, this sounds like you might be trying to capture from some kind of “capture card” instead of via firewire????

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 6:47 pm in reply to: Help Files posted for Scenalyzer on web

    Thanks for the info, Wayne.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 4:56 pm in reply to: Capture O.K, Printing Fails

    [MdG_NL] “Should I run it as an exe file without Vegas being active?”

    That might not hurt.

    However, what about simply choosing Tools – Print to DV Tape in Vegas? Does that work? I assumed that was how you were going to tape and was offering the capture program as an alternative.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 4:39 pm in reply to: When will there be a 64 bit version of Vegas?

    Have you managed to find 64bit drivers for all your hardware? (i.e. sound cards, video cards, etc…)

    I’ve heard some people are already running Vegas on 64bit windows. How well… I can’t say.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 2:38 pm in reply to: Capture O.K, Printing Fails

    Hard to say. Can you print from VidCap?

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 2:37 pm in reply to: Where can I find work done by other video editors?

    I frequent a wedding forum where many people share work with each other. I recommend finding a forum that has people doing the same type of work you are and sharing there.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 2:35 pm in reply to: ot – digital stills camera?

    The images straight from the Nikon have worked fine for me. I leave them as the JPG the camera creates. I haven’t used a lot straight from the Nikon, though. Most of the time my images are scanned from photos. I never scan above 300dpi as I usually don’t have to zoom that deeply into the photos.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 2:33 pm in reply to: question about Scenalyzer live – Help Files????

    Looking all over the Scenalyzer site, I was unable to find any links to a manual. Can you give more info on where it is?

    I do agree with some things you said. For example, I’d like to be able to just type in a start and end timecode for batch capturing. After I’ve previewed the tapes, I KNOW the sections I want. I’d just like to type them in instead of having to “scan” the tape and then combine many “scenes” into a single capture entry, etc…

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

Page 353 of 459

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy