Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Video Capture with Vegas 6.0

  • Video Capture with Vegas 6.0

    Posted by Alisha on December 28, 2005 at 7:05 pm

    I have a few problems. First of all I did try to install the update 6c, I am not sure if it actually worked though, even though it said completed. The shortcut still only says 6.0. Here is the real problem. I am not able to capture video. My video comes up in the capture screen and it says it is capturing. After it stops I click done and then an error message comes up. I have no clue what the message means. When I try to put the video in the timeline, the audio will come up but I am unable to get the video. I have went through sony’s website and am unable to find anything. I checked out the service pack 2, but my date is past the date it says causes a problem. Thanks,
    Alisha

    Edward Troxel replied 20 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Edward Troxel

    December 28, 2005 at 9:52 pm

    [Alisha] “I am not sure if it actually worked though, even though it said completed. The shortcut still only says 6.0.”

    Go to Help – About and Vegas will tell you the version (it’s also on the splash screen on startup)

    [Alisha] “My video comes up in the capture screen and it says it is capturing.”

    What if you try something like Scenalyzer Live? It’s a great capture program for DV.

    [Alisha] “When I try to put the video in the timeline, the audio will come up but I am unable to get the video.”

    Ok, this sounds like you might be trying to capture from some kind of “capture card” instead of via firewire????

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Alisha

    December 29, 2005 at 7:23 pm

    OK. I looked up what version it is and it says Version 6.0 (Build 43). So I was trying to figure out what happened to the update that I thought I got from Sony (the Vegas 6c). There is an icon on my desktop, but it will not let me run it. I have to have a serial number that starts with JB and my serial number starts with JE. So I guess this is not the update for my software (?)….

    I also figured out that I am capturing video. I can play back the video through PhotoBase 4 and through window media.
    When I click on the file in Vegas, it says it is a video, but it will not show an image or play or go to the timeline still. It is being saved as an AVI file, which vegas says it is compatable with.

    And I am not sure what you mean by (Ok, this sounds like you might be trying to capture from some kind of “capture card” instead of via firewire????)

    Is there something wrong with the software, or something wrong with me????

    Thanks,
    Alisha

  • Edward Troxel

    December 29, 2005 at 8:17 pm

    Ok, sounds like you’re using Vegas Movie Studio? The Vegas 6.0c update is for the FULL version of Vegas – there have been no updates so far for Movie Studio.

    How are you connecting whatever you want to capture into the computer?

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Alisha

    January 3, 2006 at 4:24 pm

    I use the USB cable that was supplied when I bought the camera.

  • Edward Troxel

    January 3, 2006 at 5:51 pm

    Switch to firewire for the standard means of capturing. You’ll be much happier as you can simply work instead of messing with hardware trying to get things to work. The quality will also be better than all the USB methods I have seen. Plus you’ll get standard DV-AVI files instead of whatever format/resolution the USB method will give you.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy