Forum Replies Created

Page 1133 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    July 11, 2006 at 5:49 pm in reply to: can you import audio OMF files into FCP?

    According to Wes Plate at Automatic Duck, “Pro Export FCP includes volume information in the OMF (FCP’s OMF export contains no volume information).” (Duck has i/o for all keyframes)

    and…

    “Pro Export FCP also allows you to export OMF compositions to send to Avid editing systems (FCP’s OMF export is audio-only for Pro Tools).”

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 11, 2006 at 5:05 pm in reply to: can you import audio OMF files into FCP?

    Todd,

    That does confuse me too now. Since my research started from the perspective of importing OMFs, which is only possible using the Duck, I assumed that, since they sell it, one required it to output as well. Perhaps Wes Plate will give us “the skinny,” or “the lowdown.” I’ll ask about this on the Duck Forum and will get back to ya…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 11, 2006 at 4:21 pm in reply to: can you import audio OMF files into FCP?

    [Zeliha] “So does this mean in order to import OMF files into Final Cut I need a plug in such as Automatic Duck.”

    To export OMFs from FCP you need Automatic Duck Pro Export, and to import OMFs into FCP you need Automatic Duck Pro Import. I just went through all the research on this. The Duck sells a bundle with both plugins for a $200 discount.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 11, 2006 at 4:16 pm in reply to: Video artifacts when capturing.

    You said earlier that your final output was video, so a 24fps film finish is not in the cards. Perhaps one could make a case at doing a reverse 3:2 pulldown and editing 24p would yield a true progressive DVD? As far as I can see that would be the only potential benefit. However, since the project has already been compressed 5 to 1 toDV I’m not certain there’s a big benefit there. Is there something else I’m missing?

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 11, 2006 at 2:03 am in reply to: Problems running FCP

    Rob,

    In the future clone your system drives to external hard drives ($80 nowadays) and keep those in a safe place. Every time an update comes along you can feel safe to jump right in knowing your clone of your perfect system drive is standing by. After testing the update for a period of time re-clone the system drive when you’re certain its all good and tuck it away again for safe keeping until the next upgrade.

    As far as your now funky system is concerned, go and get that external drive that I mentioned, install the latest version of Tiger and all updates. Then install FCP and all updates. Now test, test, test using the external system drive. Once you know its good to go, either swap it with the internal drive or clone it to the internal drive. Of course do make cerain to backup all of your projects and any other data you want to keep.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 10, 2006 at 7:08 pm in reply to: BackGround Noise

    Soundtrack Pro actually does a pretty darned good job. Check out the tutorial that comes with your Studio Package, its a great example that will show you how to get rid of BG noise levels easily and effectively.

    DRW

  • Dale,

    Download the free “Drivespace” widget from Digital Heaven. It takes all the guess work of these type of computations. Its something that every editor should have. Just plugin the video format and the estimated running time of all your captures, and Drivespace will compute the hard drive space required.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 10, 2006 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Video artifacts when capturing.

    [Saguaro] “Since I’m going to recapture all of the material, should I just reformat my scratch drive?”

    Forget about defragging and just reformat.

    [Saguaro] ” When I recapture, is it possible to recapture to a 24 fps timeline?”

    Why? What is it you wish to gain?

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 10, 2006 at 6:36 am in reply to: Making Freeze Frames

    Howie,

    I’m not at all certain I have a clue what you’re saying, but I’ll hazard a guess that you’ve tried to make a freeze frame from a clip in your sequence that had a sepia tint applied, and you’re wondering why the freeze frame isn’t sepia like the clip. Is this correct? If thbis is correct, then copy the sepia clip and paste the attributes to the freeze frame. If I haven’t deciphered your post correctly please be a bit more clear with your question.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 7, 2006 at 5:28 pm in reply to: LETTERBOXING quick help needed!

    In the future, simply check the anamorphic box when creating your MPEG2 files, this activates the anamorphic flag, which is part of the DVD spec, and your DVD will automatically play letterboxed on a 4×3 TV and full screen on a 16×9 TV. You needn’t use the letterbox filter at all.

Page 1133 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy