Forum Replies Created

Page 1130 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    July 21, 2006 at 4:54 am in reply to: What codec should I edit in?

    David,

    The answer is pretty simple, 10-bit uncompressed if your g-raid can handle it, or 8-bit uncompressed if its not fast enough for 10-bit.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Video tidbits

    [Bob Cole] “Isn’t there some code of ethics about outing somebody without their permission?”

    Bob,

    Apparently its okay to out anyone these days. Hell, I may be due a medal of some sort of medal for outing you, or at least I should be entitled to a promotion and a guaranteed bi-weekly paycheck.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Video tidbits

    Well, I’m not saying it should be used as the banner for your production company, but its very useful, and it can be a great ice breaker if mentioned in a humorous way that gets the client to see the irony. In fact, make certain to point out the irony to them and they’ll immediately begin to appreciate your Harvard education.

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 8:17 pm in reply to: Video tidbits

    Bob,

    I have to disagree. I think its reality. And, while reality may be a bitter pill, its better for everyone if the client is grounded in reality than in some “ladida” false conception that wishful thinking will get their project done yesterday, for nothing, and at the very highest quality. That is far too often the artist’s conception of reality, and one that leads to poisoned relationships and hurt feelings.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Video tidbits

    [Greg] ” still don’t understand how you can do fast, cheap, quality. How does one do cheap quality?”

    Thats easy, just put in more time, but make sure its not “premium time” — as in put your assistant on this one, or do it in your spare time.

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 6:06 pm in reply to: Video tidbits

    Mark,

    I think the original was: “Faster, Cheaper, Better — choose any two.”

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 5:55 pm in reply to: copyright C

    Good tip there Steven… That one should win the tip of the month award. I’ll bet Boomer will be sending you a new Astin Martin for that.

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 5:36 pm in reply to: exporting HD sequence

    [Suzanne] “I’ve left the settings at the default using the H.264 codec…”

    The default, and much quicker too, is actually to export a QT using “same settings” as your timeline, H.264 from the timeline is a reencode of every clip on the timeline, and therefore quite time consuming. What exactly is your objective for this export?

  • David Roth weiss

    July 20, 2006 at 2:14 am in reply to: any “Ultra-ATA” ideas?

    Water,

    Just put those Ultra two ATAs in a firewire enclosure and use ’em as backup.

    Tom,

    You’ll like the products from Firmtek. I have both a 2-bay and a 4-bay SATA enclosure that are just great.

  • David Roth weiss

    July 18, 2006 at 6:36 pm in reply to: HDV timeline to 4:2:2 DigiBeta

    You can output 16×9 anamorphic via the Kona directly to Digibeta from your HDV timeline — DBeta is 4:2:2 native.

Page 1130 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy