Forum Replies Created

Page 278 of 414
  • Searching the forum might bring up an interesting project done last year (i think) using time displacement.
    The demo movie was lovely but I never could understand the concept behind how the effect was done.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    August 1, 2007 at 10:18 pm in reply to: simulating a time-laps

    > So, trying to simulate a time-lapse using a pseudo stop action.< Interesting statement, achieving an imitation employing an imitation. Still image photography with 1/8 or 1/4 second exposures. Careful direction. Bracketing. bogiesan This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    August 1, 2007 at 9:11 pm in reply to: A simple question about cc particle

    Good to see you posting, Jens, long time.
    I’m using the version that came with CS3.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Moving layers, Stupid layer pullback.

    Keyframe interpolation is probably set to default to Bezier. You want it to be linear. See the online help for keyframes, keep look.

    Also, if you’re setting both camera rotations AND point of interest keyframes, your camera will point all over the place. Use one or the other or parent the camera to a null.

    I used to think I had swell hair.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Expression Help

    Also try:

    aenhancers.com

    Fabulous stuff. Some deliciously deep. Some truly easy.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 8:42 pm in reply to: A simple question about cc particle

    Wow, that’s really odd. Several controls that I expected to find and tweak are simply NOT THERE. spooky.
    I spent many hours with Particle World during the Final Effects and Studio Effects days (some of Total Training’s initial offerings) and I THINK I recall being able to control all that stuff. Maybe not, that was a long time ago. Brian Maffitt had hair back then.

    I wonder if anyone at Cycore cares any longer about their orphaned effects.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Expression Help

    Wow, yikes, that’s service with a smile. Nice work, hope I can try it myself.

    Now I know where to come with all of my “Can someone write a custom expression for me?” inquiries.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Expression Help

    You don’t need an expression to accomplish that effect although a script might help you with the ballistics and recoil physics.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • Would be cool if I could download the movie to view locally. The Flash feed appears to be way too big or too dense for my corporate connection.

    What I could see looks like an awesome application of deeply esoteric AE magic.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

  • David Bogie

    July 31, 2007 at 5:47 pm in reply to: Jitter/Stutter fx like “The Ring”

    We’ve been bashing this same topic about over in some FCP forums. The problem isn’t getting the time to remap–that’s easy. The problem is in shooting the footage.

    Our brief experiment is inconclusive but it implies that you must have athletic and very patient talent. We asked a model to walk v-e-r-y slowly, about 1/3 normal speed and simply ramped the footage x3. The effect was kinda creepy. However, it was painfully obvious that, like all good visual effects, the results are directly proportional to the amount of research and planning you do LONG before any camera rolls.

    bogiesan

    This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

Page 278 of 414

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy