Forum Replies Created

Page 269 of 414
  • David Bogie

    September 14, 2007 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Aburd– plain text brings motion to its knees.

    > WTF???? < Ah, colorful. > This thing is so not-ready-for-primetime it’s not funny. Anybody experience this? Is there some checkbox somewhere that’s killing my performance? I can’t imagine why in the world this is happening… < I hate and loathe Motion with a passion no one else can even touch but I use eensie weensie text often without issues. I use all kinds of text animation and effects in Motion. Perhaps you could share the project file. bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 14, 2007 at 2:41 pm in reply to: More motion bugs

    [walter biscardi] “Creating a larger beta program would certainly help.”

    Cupertino has frozen over several times with the introduction of multibutton mouses, Intel Macs and Windows versions of Apple app.
    Can you imagine? A pre-publication beta release of a professional Apple application with a public, uncensored, moderated blog-style forum read and contributed to by a grateful development team? Steve Jobs and his code monkeys must surely be contemplating such a thing after Adobe’s success with public beta programs.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 14, 2007 at 2:31 pm in reply to: number effects – something weird…

    > I’m a newbie in AE, so please – be gentle… < You might want to spend some time in the beginners AE forum. Tons of interesting and helpful threads about how to learn how to use the keyframing paradigm in AE. There really isn't a good reason to post such inquiries in multiple AE online forums. It's irritating (but I've been told that's MY problem) but it can also get you some distasteful responses like RTFM. AE is huge, really huge. You've got to spend several days working and slogging through the tutorials that come with the application and everything else you can find. bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 14, 2007 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Sony UVW-1200 to MAC

    Research the company KEYSPAN for a series of RS-to-USB adapters.

    Haven’t used it in a long time myself but their products were good.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 14, 2007 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Flash has vanished

    > Flash video will not work. I have tried reinstalling and I get when installing is the ‘quicktime’ logo with a ‘?” in the middle. I am at a loss. < "Vanished" and "will not work " are not the same things, pick one. " I know there are two versions." Two versions of what? What are you reinstllaing? Flash or some component of Apple software? bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 13, 2007 at 10:15 pm in reply to: Media Manager – should i risk trying it?

    Of course.
    Good luck with that.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 13, 2007 at 8:01 pm in reply to: More motion bugs

    > Now in just exporting without compressor it is not exporting an embedded alpha channel even with Color+Alpha selected. The only one that seems to work is the Lossless+Alpha present. < There are only one or two codecs that will support a separate alpha regardless of your render settings. Premultiplied alpha might be different but I've only ever used Animation for straight alpha. What codec were you trying to use? > I’ve upgraded my machines and software with each new release and I haven’t have a stable platform since FCP ver 5.0 and Motion 2 running on a dual G5 power mac. < I'd start looking at other cuases then. You are an exception. There just aren't that many people complaining about Motion 3 and FCS2 not working well. > I really wish Apple would do more testing and less releasing of new features… < FCS2 works very well on most current machines. That's Apple marketing push, to force users to upgrade their hardware. FCS2 works delightfully well on both of my systems. > Sorry for the rant < Ranting is okay, it's all that mindlessly irresponsible kvetching we see so often that gets ever so tedious. bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 13, 2007 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Editing HD in SD timelime

    What ahppens when you open the motion tab for the clip in the timeline?
    FCP (almost) always scales media to fit the timeline specs.

    bogiesan

  • “Flicker” doesn’t help much, it’s too subjective as a descriptor. you could mean you have filed issues or you could mean you have moir

  • David Bogie

    September 12, 2007 at 9:04 pm in reply to: smoothcam filter

    Be sure to take a few hours to watch the promo DVD that came with your FCS2 package. It roughly explains how to get into the Flow functions in Motion.

    bogiesan

Page 269 of 414

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy