David Bogie
Forum Replies Created
-
Motion is NOT AE.
The integration between the FCS apps is a bit clumsy compared to the Adobe Suite so don’t expect the same type of gratification. Apple’s hype on the FCS2 package is way overblown. Way too many gotchas. Your gratification in Motion comes in different places and in different ways. It’s fun and exciting and terribly frustrating (What? No Bevel Alpha? No Mask Stroke? Puhleeze.) all at the same time.I like it, I hate it. Right at this very instant, I loathe it with all my heart and soul and I wish awful things on the monkeys who built it. Yesterday, I was in total Motion Love Mode. Tomorrow? Tomorrow I’m off.
bogiesan
-
There’s no instant font feedback on my machines either.
Kinda pi$$es me off.
Maybe you and I are both doing something wrong.bogiesan
-
Hope someone knows of a plugin for Motion that will do this for you.
There are several text filters available for After Effects that can do that. Sorry, I do not know if any of them can be run inside Motion, doubt it.
Text anarchy from Digital Anarchy comes to mind and I think the major text packages from Boris include a cursor option in may of the type-on effects.
It’s not really that hard to fake it, tho, once the text is golden. We used to do it in AE often. The trick, after you set keyframes for position, is to make it blink in time with the unseen keyboard operator’s text entry. Tedious, but easy.
bogiesan
-
ONe of the major failures of Adobe is they never give us errors that mean something.
This suggests a layer somewhere in project has an expression or some movement calculation that requires division by zero, which simply cannot be done.
Try importing the project into an empty project.
Then try deleting half the layers. Then delete half of the the other half, &c.Do you have any 3D layers? Try turning them off first. Expressions that you wrote yourself?
bogiesan
-
AZ:
Thank you very much for having the courtesy to come back and close your post with a solution. Hardly anyone ever does that around here.bogiesan
-
Are you capturing the down-reze d footage? Do you know it is, in fact, in sync after the down-rez?
bogiesan
-
Steve, nothing to help, sorry, my own sad story:
We’ve got the FxPlugs visible in FCP and they all work inside Motion and they used to work in FCP but a few weeks ago they started displaying a red warning screen when applied to any video clip or generator clip: Effect “Dazzle” failed to render.Happens on two separate Intel machines. We have not tried reinstalling yet,. too busy to be bothered just now.
Hoe you chase it down and get it fixed. Please keep us posted on your progress.
bogiesan
-
Apply WaveWorld to a solid.
Use the solid as a displacement map.
It is lovely, programmable, utterly controllable and supremely ultrarealitistic.WaveWorld is complex because it is so cool. Not for the timid.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
David Bogie
October 10, 2007 at 2:11 pm in reply to: Exporting a quicktime movie that is not self-containedHow are you going to use a reference movie that is on an external drive? Once the drive is disconnected form your system, it will no longer be able to see the referenced media.
Does the “atari” refer to go?
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Wow. I thought you meant “Reds” or maybe red as in RED.
After forty years, I can still count on someone around here to learn me something new every single day.So, that’s your idea of a signature file? Rhetorical, don’t answer. I’ll just another red question if it is if you do and I don’t want to, even if it is.
bogiesan