David Bogie
Forum Replies Created
-
What’s the original format of the video?
If you check it on a scope, what do the red and blue channels look like in those areas?
I don’t do much chromakeying in AE these days and my personal experience with Keylight has always been killer even with DV. But all of my high end keying in AE has required careful masking and application of various assistant filters to copies of the key layer. Matte chokers, spill suppressors, masking, hole patches, light wrap, all that stuff.
bogiesan
-
If their legal department is like mine, you can’t show them numbers. You can cite government sources and scholarship but you can’t just tell them anything. Convert non-square to square, D1 to DV, MPEG2 or WMV and you will be looking at a sea of blank faces , lawyers who smell trouble.
If you cannot find the documentation to support your position., try this: Create the graphics. Compose your disclaimers in various type sizes and export to the formats you are targeting. Take your waveform with you and count the lines for them. Show clearly 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 24, and 26 pixel text. Use outlines or shadows as required. Here’s a gotcha: If you have a 1.5 pixel outline, can you use 18 pixel text? If you use 23 pixels text and a 2 pixel edge, that’s 27 pixels. Does the drop shadow count?
bogiesan
-
Haven’t bothered to read the rest of the thread.
The issue with a bureaucracy cannot be solved by pointing at numbers. It’s emotional and it’s fueled by poor information from people who have no freakin’ clue. You do not stand a chance unless you can determine exactly what the objections are and confront each of them directly.But, here’s hope: You might want to talk to some instructors at
https://www.boiseschools.org/schools/capital/
They have a completely Macintosh-based video production curriculum and a Mac-based publishing setup. It’s cool. And they face the same fight every fiscal year.
Vicki Francis heads up the photography and yearbook program based on a Mac server and Airports. She has student geeks/wonks running the whole thing. Leave her a message at the school 208.854.4490 and say hello from david bogie. The school’s Web site doesn’t have an email directory that I can find.
Rob Parsons heads up the video production outfit, I don’t know him personally but say hi anyway.
bogiesan
-
Thank god this has finally happened to someone else. I lost several FxPlugs many weeks ago and near zero response around here.
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/956639
Major Motion wonk couldn’t help me either. We reloaded and reverted a few receipts but nothing has brought these filters back form the dead. They all used to work directly from FCP, they all work fine in Motion. Not all FxPlugs are affected.
If you want to continue the dialog, post a list which filters don’t work. I have about 8, mostly in the Blur category.
bogiesan
-
David Bogie
October 31, 2007 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Geforce 8600GT Card and SLI for faster previews/renders?“SLI” is marketing BS.
Based only on my own experience with four SLI’d cards in an Intel Mac, I think it was inaccurately promoted when it was introduced and was quickly shown to be useless. There is certainly not a bit of image processing improvement in anything I do on my Mac; although I enjoy being able to tell people I could hook up eight displays if I wanted to.bogiesan
-
“smart” and “easy” are often mutually exclusive.
bogiesan
-
> One solution obviously is to work in 720p, but I don’t have the power for it.
Sure you do, you just don’t have the patience. It used to take us a weekend to render ten seconds of a single layer.
bogiesan
-
I’d hire a 3D animator who has done cards before but that’s just me.
I don’t see an easy way to do this in AE as you have described your need but it’s fairly simple to create a sequence of 52 still images that feeds a particle system like Foam. The problem is the back of the cards and their card-like movement which an out-of-the-box filter like Foam might not provide.
Patience. Someone will join in with a better suggestion soon. Search for CARD or DECK OF CARDS. We’ve entertained dozens of similar topics over several years. Falling leaves is a similar effect.
bogiesan
-
You would want to be talking directly with Adobe. If you have purchased the software, you should have received full installation instructions. What is it you’re trying to preserve?
bogiesan
-
> My issue is when I go to render the project it keeps teeling me
Codec not Found. you may be using a compression type without the corresponfding hardware card.< You mean nothing renders or just the Animation stuff form AE doesn't render or your DV stuff doesn't render? Has this ever worked for you or is this your first project? You say it's a large project, how long have you been working on it without any rendering? Must have been frustrating. The presence of the card is the obvious issue. Have patience, some Kona users will chime in eventually but you probably want to talk to the AJA forum people. bogiesan