Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 169
  • Are you trying to play this back ten bit? I have seen this when you attempt to play 8 bit through 10 bit of K2.

    Is your RT set to “safe” ?

    That’s all I can think of at this moment.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 27, 2006 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Changing audio sample rates for capture

    Larry,

    Capture it at 32 and then use QT or compressor to convert it all to 48K. Then use those as the media files that you edit with.

    You can accompliush this by creating a 32K project, capturing it all in there and then using compresso to do the batching back to 48K

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 27, 2006 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Broken Knee Cap

    Ouch,

    Jan,

    I just came through a long recover from a torn ACL so I know what it is like to deal with the knee stuff. I hope you recover quickly and get all the mobility back.

    Take good care of yourself. I drank a lot of raw carrot juice and took glucosamine with vitamin C.

    My best wishes for a speedy recovery are with you.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • COpy all of the files to itunes. Set your prefered encoding in Itunes (48 with no compression) and bactch select the files and use the convert feature in itunes.

    They will even have the aiff’s attached to them and

  • David Battistella

    January 26, 2006 at 4:09 pm in reply to: A horse A horse my kingdom 4 a Horse!!

    On the speed thing you have another option which I am using more and more out of frustration. AVid style was sort of nice because you marked a shot’s in and out, you render the new clip with the speed you want. Like Make freeze frame does witha still image and AVID crreates a new “speedclip” This is not the case in FCP.

    BUT

    To takes Tom’s thing one step further.

    Match the shot
    Mark the in and out.
    Use fit to fill by dragging the clip onto the canvas window.

    This method does not effect timeline duration and you can easy modify in’s and outs in the Viewer until you have the speed you like.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 25, 2006 at 10:20 pm in reply to: Dropped frames on some projects not on others???

    Was the twenty miinute project captured or copied. If copied was it copied into the FCP media folder or a folder that you created to copy into.

    FCP likes to manage it’s own media.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 25, 2006 at 7:07 pm in reply to: Real-time blurry issue??

    Barry,

    Ever heard the classic apple phrase. “it’s a feature, not a bug!” This is a classic example of a fix that only pleases a few people.

    In version of FCP prioir to 4 when a graphic showed up it was “light green lined” and then it played back looking good with the RT engine on.

    HOWEVER

    Some users complained that it looked “better” if it was rendered and that the FCP team should degrade the quality of the “light green lined” graphics so it would force them to be reminded to render that footage.

    It has been fixxed in subsequent releases and an update should cure the problem.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • In capture now, FCP might be taking the time to calculate the amount of storage available. Check to see if you can limit capture now to a specific time and then see if that changes how long it winds up for.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 25, 2006 at 1:48 am in reply to: moving markers

    No One asked?

    🙂

    david

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

  • David Battistella

    January 24, 2006 at 10:42 pm in reply to: moving markers

    How about this.

    place the position bar where you want on the timeline.

    Copy the TC value from the timeline window in the upper left corner.

    move the position bar onto the marker and hit APPLE KEY OPTION M

    Paste the TC value.

    Voila. Th marker moves to exactly where you want it.

    David

    I can’t believe it’s not butter!

Page 118 of 169

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy