Forum Replies Created
-
David Battistella
January 30, 2006 at 5:27 pm in reply to: Online- final cut not taking in and out pointsThis sounds like a flakey MM situation.
I suggest the following.
Since you ahve the in an outs for those clips I would recreate the clips and be sure that the in and outs are correct in the new clips.
Capture the new clips (same name as the old clips) and in FCP reconnect them to the new clips you have captured.
This used to haped when the clips were not trimmed properly when creating the offline (for the online, I know funny wording is a big problem with media manager, they should call it create offline clips for ONLINE because that is what they are doing)
I can not explain why MM would do this with only three of the reels.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
In my experience the Panny tape has been excellent.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
Yes it does Pete,
But,
If you go to the setup tab of the K2 control panel you will notice that you can lock the input audio to unity gain. You have to set your mac volume to 2/3rd or 67% for the output.
I know Rookie ball from a pro product.
1.1.4 driver has this functionality.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
Open both projects:
Drag the project window tab off the other one.
drag the sequence from the old project into the new project.
voila!
it’s now in the new project.
OR
Open both projects
open the old sequence
Select all and copy the contents of the old sequence.
switch to the new project
open a sequence in teh new project
Use paste to paste the old sequence into the new sequence.
Voila!
two ways to Sunday
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
David Battistella
January 30, 2006 at 2:13 am in reply to: CC in FCP, Autoduck to AE for final design and output. Final Touch? (cross-post)Jeremy,
Maybe try this.
If you want to do an AE workflow:
Media Manage the Project and Copy to a new project after you have CC’d in FCP.
Export all the CC’d sequences that require AE to your AE guy to do his thing.
Recut his renders back into your show.
Option 2:
Media Manage the Project and Copy to a new project after you have CC’d in FCP.
Export all the CC’d sequences that require AE to your AE guy to do his thing.
Recut his renders back into your show.
Break the show into “reels” CC and autoduck to AE where each reel is redone in AE and the rerendered for final master.
If your AE work is text heavy Final TOuch may not be for you. It is a davinci style Color corrector with power windows and lots of opportunity to manipulate the image including film style effects, vignettes,grain etc. You just export XML to Final Touch. You work with the media in Real Time, but at the end the entire show needs to be rendered to New files. You then open that XML file in FCP and output your program after it automatically relinks to the new projct created in Final Touch.
If it is straight CC and look. Final Touch all the way.
If it is FX heavey AE. But you won’t get the same level of CC out of FCP as you do Final Touch.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
David Battistella
January 29, 2006 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Where’s the Ref? (Reference Video out – Kona LH)The beta deck should be receiving the same ref as your KONA is. If you are running the beta deck in INPUT ref then it will use the component output to reference too.
THis means that whenyou go into record it will give you the sync line while recording but after you disengage the deck from record mode the tape will playback correctly having received it’s sync fromt the video.
The best way to go is get a BB generator and send outputs from that to the KONA and the Beta deck and anything else in your studio that requires sync.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
David Battistella
January 29, 2006 at 5:26 pm in reply to: Can someone with Kona2, a HD capable monitor and After Effects confirm this?Plus in SD youare dealing with a 7.5 set-up which does not exist in HD since the setup is zero.
You almost are best to set up your monitor to grade in HD with HD Bars and scope.. When that master is graded you need to reset the monitor for a traditional SD CC. I would duplicate the sequence and tweak it for the SD downconvert bars and levels.
It’s not just interchangable you have to run two “looks/presets” for your monitoring.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
Steve,
I can’t resist.
Apple invented the Newton
Pioneer invented the Laser disk
Sony invented Betamaxall fantastic technologies as well 🙂
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
Ron,
I would not purchase an HD-XD CAM. Not a big fan of MPEG2, but if sony gets it out ther faster and cheaper, panny may not have a chance.
Jan,
Your points are all well taken and valid. I am production and I will probably buy an HVX 200 when the first revision has been released.
The big point is that you are right. It is not for everybody, but nobody can accuse me of not know how to kickstart a thread and open up debate.
I admit that I like Panasonic products and I have owned several different pieces over the years. I commend you for getting on these forums and pointing out all of the potential for the product you manufacture and sell, many manufacturers would not be so willing. This shows a great deal of integrity on your part.
Panny vs Sony is a bit like Apple vs Microsoft. One makes fantastic products that fewer people use. That is too bad because we all know how great MAC’s are and I love all of my Panny equipment, and yes any panny purchase I make involving P2 will pay off in the long term, but we have to consider the wide and interesting scope of the business and market trends and that is what makes this boards so much fun.
Thanks Jan, I hope the knee heals up well.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!
-
Haakon,
How do you handle out of town clients who might be getting on an aircraft at the end of a shooting day?
How much time do you save against digitizing vs. making backups of the media?
What will you do with your P2 cards when removable media disk based cameras (ieHD XDCAM) become the widespread standard?
P2 can fly if it is rapidly accepted and that has not really happend except for a few “closed shop” news gathering organizations. It depends who you work with and who your client base is. It’s great for news, but in a single user setup, you might have teh P2 card forever and I think stock would still be cheaper in the long haul. The stock arguement only works in places that reuse stock until the have to repurchase (NEWS GATHERING). They can’t pop a fresh tape in the camera every day, so P2 make s sense to them. and in the very long run, it does save them but it is a five to ten year investment, bkue chip style plan. Single users do not gain that much. It’s on it’s last legs so they pushed it out to their consumer customers to squeeze the last bit of moey out of it. P2 is the new M2 NOT the new Betacam.
David
I can’t believe it’s not butter!