Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 169
  • David Battistella

    February 4, 2006 at 5:17 pm in reply to: Request help with converting dv on mac to windows

    I recomend you point your boss to the apple site and download quicktime for windows and watch the Mpeg 4 files.

    QuickTime is a worldwide standard and should be fine. It is also free.

    If you have to make avi’s you might have to buy.

    flip4mac

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • The last time I check the JVC material was not yet supported in FCP. I think that the only software package that lets you edit this footage natively is Lumiere.

    Are you transferring all of the JVC material to HDCAM for the edit?

    Walter is right.

    You need speed when it comes to drives. Also, if you are doing a Davinci online, why not pick up Silcon COlors Final TOuch HD. It is a davinci style color corrector that works with the existing media on your hard drives.

    One big thing to consider. You need double the hard drive space when you are color correcting inside the Mac. You will need the space for the capture and the space for the final render. The render files are the same size as the film.

    So for example.

    538 gig original @24fps for a 90 minute film for 10 bit uncompressed HDCAM
    538 gig renders @24fps for a 90 minute film for 10 bit uncompressed HDCAM

    leave about 20% for headroom. SO you need at least 1.5 tb for this job.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 4, 2006 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Sluggish Time Line

    Try turning off thumbnails.

    I would set RT to safe, this may mean you have to render the effect but I bet that is why it is stalling.

    How much ram in this G5?

    Try to avaid capturing to yor system drive. Anexternal firewire drive is a much better idea.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 9:55 pm in reply to: No Monitoring audio in FCP 5 Batch window

    IN the capture window go to the audio window and check the “preview” box.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • From the adobe site

    https://www.adobe.com/products/pdfs/intelmacsupport.pdf

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Sluggish Time Line

    OK.

    POST MORE INFO!

    1. What is the view set to in the timeline? (thumbs, filmstrip, waveform on)
    2. What is your RT set to?
    3. Where is your media captured to?

    More info please. this is not an easy post to answer. If you want help take the tim eto be a bit more clear about your question.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 4:44 pm in reply to: Still getting error message…

    In the view menu of FCP make sure you go in and select the KONA 2 once and refresh.

    After I did this the problem went away.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 2:32 pm in reply to: New 8GB P2 Pricing!

    Good form Jan. That is the classy thing to do. Customers will appreciate it.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 4:16 am in reply to: ALTERNATIVES TO THE XServe Raid

    I can tell you that I have a HUGE 4210 with the 4gig atto celerity and it has been a tank. Fast, relaible and well made.

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

  • David Battistella

    February 3, 2006 at 3:59 am in reply to: New 8GB P2 Pricing!

    This product has been out for less than a month. Either Panasonic has had a major breakthrough that has significantly dropped the price, or they were trying really hard to gouge and figured out that people would not bite.

    It’s got to be a record (even in the computer industry) to debut a product on Dec 31st and then drop the price by one third on January 31st. They should honour that price to anyone who baought since the release of the product because frankly, it’s just treating people with contempt.

    Very poor corporate behavior. SHAME!!!

    David

    OK. I’m taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

Page 115 of 169

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy