Forum Replies Created
August 17, 2021 at 6:44 am
Cool. I’ll look into that just as soon as my next video that is ALSO doing this super fun thing that I am definitely enjoying finishes outputting from AE. That little box is definitely checked. I mean, it should also be checked in the first one which worked, but if memory serves that one didn’t have any multicams. Hmmm… The plot thickens (or perhaps thins).
I’ll let you know if that fixes it.
August 5, 2021 at 5:07 pm
Yes, but when the client’s specs are an odd number mp4, you try your best to provide an odd number mp4. Their specs are based on the Jumbotron specs they were given by the stadium which clearly states that it is an odd number of pixels wide but also that delivery needs to be an mp4. I’m not sure the Jumbotron folks and the machine that runs the images on the Jumbotron folks have ever had a conversation about what’s possible which is how we get this kind of issue.
And the PC vs Mac thing appears to be HOW they each handle it. PC adds a weird line of some super bright color as if to say, “hey, I don’t like this, and I’m going to make sure you know it.” Mac just shaves it off like, “well, surely they didn’t mean it, so let’s just tidy this up for them.” I use both and generally don’t have a preference, but when I was trying to trouble shoot export issue, I couldn’t replicate the problem on my Mac. Neither of them were willing to give me an odd numbered width mp4, but the Mac version could just get sent on with fingers crossed, while the PC one needed a bit of attention first.
August 5, 2021 at 3:14 am
I did us the “create multicam” inside of Premiere. And I tried literally every combination available in the setup menu all with the same result.
My winning solution of duplicating the mp4s, creating a multicam with those, then matching up the mxfs by hand, I just put the settings on auto & everything sounds great on my first attempt. ?♀️
August 5, 2021 at 1:45 am
We did. We tried so many things including the render engine, and the only thing that worked was exporting on a Mac.
It seems to be a PC hates odd numbered pixel widths thing. So I just had to make my comp an even number of pixels wide, and voila! No more stripe. Client hasn’t complained about the file being 1 pixel skinnier, so I guess that’s just how we’re doing things now.
April 19, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Sure, phones are all different. But why would one person, filming with one phone, sending clips of one 10-20 minute activity have files that vary in sizes from 1080 to 640, and sometimes as small as 320 in the same shoot? They are not changing their settings, just pointing the phone and pushing record. I’ve never had that before, and it’s happened with 2 different people (out of at least a dozen so far). I don’t have direct contact with the people who are filming, so I haven’t gotten an answer from my contact about what phones folks are using, but it is their personal phone.
I’ve searched the Googles and found nothing about phones automatically adjusting image resolution between takes.
I usually end up sending it through Media Encoder, since I’ve had issues in the past where Premiere will lose audio sync with iPhone clips.
May 13, 2016 at 3:06 pm
So, immediately after I decided to give up and move on, I checked one last time and found “ink manager” in the upper right menu on my swatches panel. It’s way down at the bottom of the list, and I guess I’d just missed it in looking for a more complicated way to do what a simple little checkbox “all spots to process” does. So my “live with it for now” has become “BOOM! Fixed!” and I can check those crazy ads for weird overprint issues without worrying about all of their specialized fonts.
Thanks for your suggestions!
May 13, 2016 at 2:55 pm
I tried that, but I don’t have all of the fonts and get weird font replacement issues. I’m afraid my solution is “live with it” for the moment. Thanks for your suggestions!
May 10, 2016 at 9:50 pm
The project is a magazine layout, and I’ve been sent a dozen ad files. I’m afraid the ads are the problem. That’s where I’m having the over print issue with someone using the wrong logo file that sent me down this rabbit hole in the first place.
I was hoping to find a quick solution, but it looks like it’s start a new file, place each ad, try to see how many spot colors there are, and then I’ll know who the problem is at least.
And yes, 27 spot colors is way too many! It’s too many to do any of the easy “find spot color” solutions I’ve found online. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how to find them and get rid of them.
September 17, 2015 at 9:02 pm
I am having the issue that started with hitting play on my sequence causing a crash. Now if I have the project open for more than a few seconds it crashes whether I try to do anything or not.
I’m on someone else’s machine, so making a lot of changes to settings is currently outside my jurisdiction. I did find this on Adobe’s site. Has anyone tried this fix, and did it make a difference?
Currently running 10.9.5 on a late 2013 iMac
3.5GHz Intel i7
Running off a server
Same file runs great on my i7 Surface Pro3 (which is a terrible screen to try to edit on).
May 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm
Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delay in mine.
Solution #1 wasn’t doing anything for me. That was my initial thought. It would play correctly in Premiere, but rendered out legacy graphics.
The work-around I found that seems to have the most consistent results is just duplicating the dynamic link and stacking it on top of the offending layer which I disable. Of course, this has left me with some annoyingly tall stacks of layers. I can’t delete unused layers, though, as it reads the new one as the old one and renders out the problem again.
I finished that project with my work-around and haven’t had the issue in any projects since, but I’ll try your dragging solution next time it rears its ugly head!