We did. We tried so many things including the render engine, and the only thing that worked was exporting on a Mac.
It seems to be a PC hates odd numbered pixel widths thing. So I just had to make my comp an even number of pixels wide, and voila! No more stripe. Client hasn’t complained about the file being 1 pixel skinnier, so I guess that’s just how we’re doing things now.
Sure, phones are all different. But why would one person, filming with one phone, sending clips of one 10-20 minute activity have files that vary in sizes from 1080 to 640, and sometimes as small as 320 in the same shoot? They are not changing their settings, just pointing the phone and pushing record. I’ve never had that before, and it’s happened with 2 different people (out of at least a dozen so far). I don’t have direct contact with the people who are filming, so I haven’t gotten an answer from my contact about what phones folks are using, but it is their personal phone.
I’ve searched the Googles and found nothing about phones automatically adjusting image resolution between takes.
I usually end up sending it through Media Encoder, since I’ve had issues in the past where Premiere will lose audio sync with iPhone clips.
So, immediately after I decided to give up and move on, I checked one last time and found “ink manager” in the upper right menu on my swatches panel. It’s way down at the bottom of the list, and I guess I’d just missed it in looking for a more complicated way to do what a simple little checkbox “all spots to process” does. So my “live with it for now” has become “BOOM! Fixed!” and I can check those crazy ads for weird overprint issues without worrying about all of their specialized fonts.
The project is a magazine layout, and I’ve been sent a dozen ad files. I’m afraid the ads are the problem. That’s where I’m having the over print issue with someone using the wrong logo file that sent me down this rabbit hole in the first place.
I was hoping to find a quick solution, but it looks like it’s start a new file, place each ad, try to see how many spot colors there are, and then I’ll know who the problem is at least.
And yes, 27 spot colors is way too many! It’s too many to do any of the easy “find spot color” solutions I’ve found online. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how to find them and get rid of them.
Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delay in mine.
Solution #1 wasn’t doing anything for me. That was my initial thought. It would play correctly in Premiere, but rendered out legacy graphics.
The work-around I found that seems to have the most consistent results is just duplicating the dynamic link and stacking it on top of the offending layer which I disable. Of course, this has left me with some annoyingly tall stacks of layers. I can’t delete unused layers, though, as it reads the new one as the old one and renders out the problem again.
I finished that project with my work-around and haven’t had the issue in any projects since, but I’ll try your dragging solution next time it rears its ugly head!