Forum Replies Created

Page 131 of 283
  • If space is NOT an issue; export a self-contained mov file using “Current Settings” this would be your digital master to keep forever.

    If space IS an issue, export to mov file and do NOT check make self-contained ( a reference file)

    Either way, take that exported file into your compression program to create your deliverable.

    The cheapest subtitle option is to duplicate your sequence and create text on the screen.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm in reply to: Updating CS 5.5 issues

    Thanks Todd, I missed that.

    I had that original error when using the trial of CS5.5 and that threw me off, so I did a delete on all things adobe b/4 installing the purchased version of CS5.5

    Great to see you folks on the boards helping out.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 9, 2011 at 9:48 pm in reply to: External Drive issue–footage unusable in FCP

    I would back up ASAP

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 9, 2011 at 5:11 pm in reply to: Music Video Advice.

    On cam mic from the shoot, sync it with the final track in your sequence.
    ….and you won’t get the song out of your head for weeks afterwards…

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 9, 2011 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro Multiple video format issue

    Create a sequence that matches your sd material.
    Drop the hd material in that sequence and scale as needed.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Set the re-encode preferences from within Encore.
    Also, I think encore preferres mpeg for Bluray.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 9, 2011 at 1:09 pm in reply to: Updating CS 5.5 issues

    Thanks,

    This is what I did.

    Fresh Reboot.
    Run Update.
    Hangs dynamiclink.
    Force Quit.
    Finishes download/update.
    Error, did not update.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm in reply to: Updating CS 5.5 issues

    Yes.

    Did a reboot.

    Launched app, select update.
    Does it’s thing for awhile.
    Then error.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm in reply to: Updating CS 5.5 issues

    I spoke too soon, Still getting error – failed to update:

    See Pic:

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    October 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm in reply to: Updating CS 5.5 issues

    Thanks Ben, That worked. I really appreciate it.

    I had re-booted, then back into the update process and it would hang there again. Did this a couple of times. I could not get around it.

    Got it now.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

Page 131 of 283

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy