Forum Replies Created

Page 153 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    December 29, 2006 at 6:20 pm in reply to: Reporting back on uprezing with Compressor

    David B.,

    Yes, I rendered the film filter and output a self-contained movie for Compressor. I used Shane’s droplets to scope out all the settings, including the best rather than slower. I totally agree with you about good, fast and cheap, I was just daydreaming about something faster, but yes, it is amazing what you can do.

    I just go my cat to cooperate for some new closups expect brilliant results.

    DRW, you should try this, it will knock your socks off!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 27, 2006 at 8:30 pm in reply to: External Monitor Not smooth

    Greg,

    What kind of monitor? How is it connected? If it looks worse than the canvas something’s wrong. The canvas is low rez.

  • Chris Poisson

    December 27, 2006 at 5:17 pm in reply to: OT: Recommend PC software for edit lab

    Hey David,

    Yes, it is a good way to learn Avid, at least the basics. I spent a lot of yesterday messing with it, biggest problem is unlearning things I take for granted using FCP, which it doesn’t do or does in different ways. It is definitely a LOT less intuitive than FCP, at least I think so, but pretty shrewed of Avid to give something away to win people over. FCP et al must be tough for them, glad I don’t own any of their stock!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 27, 2006 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Monitor for film editing

    Walter’s advice is always good, but if you have time, take a look at the Sceptre 22″ widescreen. It goes for around $350 and it has every kind of connection you could want, including HDMI. Mine will be here this week, planning on using it for bins, and I will report back on how it performs.

  • Chris Poisson

    December 26, 2006 at 2:14 pm in reply to: OT: Recommend PC software for edit lab

    David,

    This is just great, they even have a dozen or so Flash tuts, also free, so I should be able to learn this in no time. BTW Avid have done a crafty job of protecting this, I could not copy the installer for another machine, had to download for each. But it works great and is EXACTLY what I need!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 25, 2006 at 6:56 pm in reply to: OT: Recommend PC software for edit lab

    Brilliant!

    David, thanks a lot!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 25, 2006 at 5:46 pm in reply to: Ho, Ho, Ho. (slightly OT)

    Ooopps! Make that the Sony HC3, the Canon version has no HDMI out!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 25, 2006 at 3:59 pm in reply to: Ho, Ho, Ho. (slightly OT)

    Hey Marco,

    On the HDMI I am just curious to see what’s up with it. Might take a look at that little HV10 camera and Intensity from BM and see what’s up with that too. (Maybe not professional but worth a look for fun) The Scepter 22″ just looks amazing for the price even without HDMI, but now I’m getting it, so we’ll see…

    Happy Holidays!

  • Chris Poisson

    December 23, 2006 at 7:07 pm in reply to: QT export gamma shift

    Hey Shane,

    That makes sense, compounded by the fact I’m looking at a huge HD image, which I’m still getting used to…

  • Chris Poisson

    December 22, 2006 at 6:13 pm in reply to: Syncronization between ep and sp clips

    Matte may be right, but I have some old (wedding!) tapes shot the same way, I do what Bret says and just dub them via FireWire to another DV tape. Works great, since my DSR 11 won’t play EP tapes.

Page 153 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy