Chris Poisson
Forum Replies Created
-
Lee,
I upgraded and I cannot find a timecode track.
-
Hey Don,
Finally got around to looking at those links.
Wow, Panasonic’s P2 is going to lose this battle. Express cards will be the way to go. The new camera, EX, looks cool too, but will have to wait till Fall looks like. Oh well, I may just get the V1 and the new Convergent design box, (HDMI-SDI, $600) to hold me over till then.
Thanks!
-
It made a Quicktime file. All it’s specs in the browser were correct. But, in the end I found it lost sync about halfway through anyway, so it’s junk.Turns out it couldn’t capture from an LP tape any better than FCP can. So, I ended up just recording DVDs from the tapes via Firewire from a camcorder direct. Worked great. Only thing the client doesn’t get is a bit of color correction they wanted, but they can live without that.
I would have dubbed the tapes to get them to SP and 48K, but didn’t have the time or the budget to do that.
BTW my deck is a DSR 11. It does not like LP tapes.
-
It’s a capture app, quite handy and versatile. Does great time lapse capture in addition to everything else.
-
Hey Don,
Good point. I’m using BTVpro in OS X, seems to work very well with FireWire or my Decklink card, sees both and gives me a choice. I’m getting the audio in correctly, so it seems okay, just kinda strange…
-
Thanks Peter, I’ll try that.
-
Chris Poisson
April 25, 2007 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Some BCC filters don’t like (use) alpha channels by default?Hey Dave,
I avtually used “add” yesterday on one of these glint files, it’s okay, about the same result as using Unmult and actually getting an alpha, in both cases the image is a bit washed out. Acceptable, but washed out.
I did find an article online that explains how to use the Pixel Chooser, it is a useless tool IMO, and not good in this situation, where the object has to knock cleanly out of the background, To get it clean I lose the glints, a perfectly stupid tool. Why can’t there be an option to just use the alpha channel with this plugin that works, on or off? Can someone explain that to me? What a wast of time and money.
-
Hey Mark,
Thanks, but Unmult is what I am using to fix this, but it doesn’t look as good as I want, when my metalic object comes in from off-screen, you can see through some of it’s surfaces, it’s not bad but it ain’t perfect. Here’s what I posted on the Adobe forum, but got no answers. There has to be a way to get this filter to use my alpha channel!
“You would think a filter set that costs as much as this one does would kinda work easily, not for me it doesn’t.
I put the Glint filter on an Invigorator object, and it’s beautiful but it is ignoring the alpha channel. Screwing around with the Pixel Chooser is not helping, I wish that thing would just go away. Precomposing the Invigorator layer prior to adding the glints does not help. When I put AE resident glow filter and a few of the CC light filters on there is no problem. Trapcode’s Starglow filter works fine too. How the heck do you get this thing to work?”
Maybe this begs the question, “how do I master the Pixel Chooser” as I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Tried some of the presets and see how they work, read the manual three times, can’t figure it out.
-
Thanks Frank,
Misery loves company.
-
Andy,
Synthetic Aperature has a color box as well, but it’s for use with Color Finesse, but it ain’t cheap.