Forum Replies Created

Page 137 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    April 22, 2007 at 2:12 pm in reply to: Title 3D question

    Yeah, now AE is acting up, I have an Invigorator text object which is rendering with it’s background, but the composite on original box is unchecked. Had to use Unmult on it, not quite perfect though. Can’t get text stuff to work right this weekend! Dang!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 21, 2007 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Title 3D question

    It seems to be working now, don’t know what happened.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 21, 2007 at 8:37 pm in reply to: are the any just simple improvements in FCP6?

    Am I missing something or are a couple of the MOST BASIC functionalities still ignored?

    Those are, keyframing that really works and background rendering. I’m extremely dissapointed these have not been addressed instead of all the cosmetic glitz. Give me what I NEED and not what you THINK I want.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 21, 2007 at 4:21 am in reply to: FCP 6 Any improvements in the Text Generator?

    I agree LT is pretty useful and cool, except for a couple of things. First, there’s 3 ultra cheesy effects for every good one, and second, multi-layer projects are useless for roundtripping. When you have multiple titles in one project you have to turn each layer on in turn and render the damn thing. By the time you’re done you might as well use Title 3D and some kind of transition and the motion tab. You are all right, titling in FCP and probably every nle just sucks.

    Never brought home more to me than this week, as I’ve been in retail hell, Automatic Duck is sounding pretty good right now, but I guess I’ll give Motion a better chance…

  • Chris Poisson

    April 19, 2007 at 4:49 am in reply to: Boris titles: FCP 5.0.4

    Under the generator puldown in the viewer, in alphebetical order. Should be a Boris folder.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 19, 2007 at 4:46 am in reply to: V1U- HDMI out?

    Hey Don,

    Looks cool, have to read in depth, thanks.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 19, 2007 at 4:39 am in reply to: FCP 6 Any improvements in the Text Generator?

    Boy, A-freakin’men, Title 3D sucks something awful. Pathetic dropshadow, unacceptable letterspacing, awkward kerning tool, (no keystroke control I can find) and stupid Boris interface, plus what you guys said. Also terrible when you animate parameters like tracking, not smooth at all. Just awful. Worse than the Apple tool ’cause it fails in so many more ways. Yuck!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 18, 2007 at 4:04 pm in reply to: V1U- HDMI out?

    Thanks!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 18, 2007 at 3:09 pm in reply to: Apple’s Color, my thoughts

    I found this thread fascinating, just one observation. All the talent in the world and all the technology to go with it are useful and used by a small percentage of all the work out there. The sad, sad reality is that “good enough” is quite good for many clients. And, as stated above quite well, the new bells and whistles only compound the “better, faster, cheaper” mindset. I have had many clients say “get on with it” when I would like to tweak something, christ, it’s like a cabfare telling the driver to take a shortcut, or run a light to save a buck. Sad, sad, sad, but reality.

    Great thread though…

  • Chris Poisson

    April 18, 2007 at 1:32 pm in reply to: Boris titles: FCP 5.0.4

    In FCP 5, the Boris generators have their own folder, look above the text generators.

Page 137 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy