Forum Replies Created

Page 133 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 9:10 pm in reply to: HDV to HD/SD-SDI

    Steve,

    I have an LH, and am buying an HDV camera (renting is such a pain in the ass) so I’ve posted some questions about all this especially in light of ProRes and FCP6 etc. There are a couple of other discussions going on about the same things, in any event, I ain’t spending 800 or so bucks for a converter box I may not need of any kind until I get my camera, my Studio 2 upgrade and have tried all the swell options being tossed around here. It’s looking like no additional converters will be necessary, but we’ll see…

    As a side note, it’s been pointed out to me that the LH is a damn good converter on it’s own, so I’m gonna try component to that, and then letting FCP6 upconvert from native HDV to ProRes and see what’s what.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 8:59 pm in reply to: HDV to HD/SD-SDI

    Regardless of what you do with Firewire/SDI, that camera has component out, I’ve used it before.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 8:56 pm in reply to: ideas for photo of camera/light equiment

    Why don’t you get a nice checkerboard tablecloth and set it up like a picnic? No, I’m NOT going to suggest a trite headline.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 8:52 pm in reply to: setting for beta sp 16×9 anamorphic SD

    I’ve used footage shot anamorphic on Beta SP a few times. My camera guy for Beta has an in-camera setting on his Ikigami for it, but I suppose there are lens adaptors for cameras that don’t have it. It looks just like anamorphic footage that comes from a DVcam, except that it has 6 extra lines. Looks great. You just use say, an 8bit setting in FCP and set it to anamomrphic.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Studio 2 HDV workflow

    Since the latest answers on this came in, I’m confused again. Maybe the specifics of my project will help.

    Shooting HDV 1080i 29.97. Editing for an SD widescreen DVD and the WEB, WITH the likelyhood of an SD half hour show when it’s all over, for broadcast.

    Using a Kona LH to get this all to Beta, with FCP 6 what would be the best workflow? (Sorry, I’m just confused!)

    G5 dual with 4.5 gigs RAM.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 22, 2007 at 9:53 pm in reply to: EXTREMELY URGENT (at least for me)

    Walter,

    How does 59.94 take care of both frame rates? I can’t figure out the math…

  • Chris Poisson

    May 22, 2007 at 1:05 am in reply to: The all recurring monitoring subject

    Well said Jerry.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 22, 2007 at 12:53 am in reply to: Studio 2 HDV workflow

    Hey Dave,

    Thanks to you and everyone, very informative and interesting…

  • Chris Poisson

    May 21, 2007 at 11:32 pm in reply to: Studio 2 HDV workflow

    Gotchya, thanks.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 21, 2007 at 11:21 pm in reply to: Studio 2 HDV workflow

    And why would it not work with a Kona LH and an HDMI to SDI converter?

Page 133 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy