Forum Replies Created

Page 134 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    May 21, 2007 at 2:29 pm in reply to: White balance drift

    Barry,

    Sonofva! That is EXACTLY the shooting conditions I had when this happened. Shooting at 250 so I could get a shallow DOF under flourescents. I did have a 500 watt softbox on the subject which I thought should overcome the ambient light, but perhaps the combo with the shutter speed was it.

    This particular footage is otherwise beautiful, and the drift is at a very regular interval, so now my challenge is the best way to overcome it with color correction, So far, a simple color balance filter seems to give the best control. Any other thoughts? Whatever it is needs to be keyframed.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 21, 2007 at 12:05 pm in reply to: Most bit for the buck Raid

    I agree with DRW. This morning there’s a 160 gig Maxtor in the Fry’s ad for 49 bucks, point is FW drives for backup are dirt cheap right now.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 18, 2007 at 9:28 pm in reply to: Z1U-2 questions

    Hey David,

    That is a good tip, although to Dave LaRonde’s point, I use a DVX 100 mostly and setting the TC window for a dub is so easy, guess I’m spoiled. I was trying to burn the dub to a DVD recorder via firewire, which worked okay, but had to return the camera this morning, so It’ll have to do as is without TC.

    To the others, I do like the Z1, but have only used it twice in 1080i, works great, but I think I’m getting a Canon A1 or a Sony V1 pretty soon anyway, so the wholce 24p concern does not apply.

    But thanks all!

  • Jeeze,

    After all this BS about operationg systems, I traced the problem to a bad LaCie power supply. A good thing to check next time you think a drive has died or is dying.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 16, 2007 at 12:06 am in reply to: Component capture question

    Hey Bob,

    That’s what I thought, just making sure…

    BTW nice review on the Convergent Design HDMI box, really enjoyed that.

  • Never mind, I traced all the problems to a bad power supply. Ooopps!

  • Thanks for the quick answers, but it is still not explained why my 3 drives will boot on my old system and not my 10.4.9 system? And how to fix?

  • Chris Poisson

    May 15, 2007 at 6:45 pm in reply to: Component capture question

    HI Jeremy,

    Just asking if there would be an advantage to letting another box do the digital conversion.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 14, 2007 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Which still format will render quickest?

    Hi Jerry,

    The control specs in my test followed the general recommended recipe around here, all the stills were 72 dpi at about 2 x the frame size, or 1440×960. All were made exactly the same from the same photos. I wish what you are saying was true, that’s what I suspected that got this whole topic going, that jpegs were slowing down a recent project, but it just ain’t true.

    Sorry…

  • Chris Poisson

    May 13, 2007 at 2:20 pm in reply to: Which still format will render quickest?

    Hi Jerry, By my little tests tiffs and jpegs were almost a dead heat.

Page 134 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy