Forum Replies Created

Page 132 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    May 25, 2007 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Studio 2 went too smooth to be true, DAMNIT!

    Yes! That’s what happened, it didn’t launch as advertised on the DVD so naturally I thought it was broken. I clicked on the BM button and there they all were, cooking away. Have to get used to the new interface.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 25, 2007 at 2:10 pm in reply to: best simple monitoring solution for FCP setup

    I don’t see Blackmagic’s HDLink mentioned here, you did say cost was a concern I believe, this is available at B&H for less than 400 bucks.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 25, 2007 at 12:03 pm in reply to: Smoothcam?

    I have an hour of footage I shot last week in a helicopter, I had a gyro on it hand held, and in the lcd could not see a slight but annoying rotational shake that isn’t the end of the world, but seeing the Smoothcam demo made me feel much better about it. I did notice the “whole clip” referrence on the demo, so I suppose a good tip is to capture in small bites, which would work out fine for my needs anyway. AS someone above said, worth the price of the upgrade!

  • Chris Poisson

    May 25, 2007 at 11:57 am in reply to: Color correction trouble

    Yes Rafael,

    One area is “correct” and it drifts in and out of it, very regular in time, and your method is one that I have tried, but it is tough. I was hoping someone could show me how to take the white balance from the “correct” area and apply it to the “wrong” area, and let FCP interpolate the in-between areas. It works okay in theory in my head, the problem is getting it down on tape.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 24, 2007 at 4:38 pm in reply to: FCP audio filter settings to simulate telephone

    Easiest way is the high pass, tweak to taste.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 24, 2007 at 3:05 pm in reply to: Component capture question

    Hey Bob,

    Gotta trust the madman in you for the most sane advice. All too true, thanks!

  • Chris Poisson

    May 24, 2007 at 2:37 pm in reply to: Firewire Card Recomendation

    I think I paid about 70 bucks for a LaCie at the Apple store, course it would have been more like half that on-line, but it’s been problem-free for 3 years, and I don’t remember the last time I dropped frames over Firewire.

  • Oliver,

    LOL! What a great story!

    Blase,

    Jeff Carpenter’s advice is spot on. Do what you do. The samples I sent you to, in hindsight, are what somebocy else does. If that’s what you’re looking for, fine, but I think Jeff really hit the nail on the head.

  • Blase,

    I have been “roped” into editing a wedding for each of my two daughters, their cousin and have a nephew’s coming up this summer. Assuming there’s a reasonable length ceremony, say, 15 minutes to a half hour, that part is pretty much cake. Although some people may just want the highlights of that, which could take a little time to do tastefully. The hard part is if there are 3 or 4 hours of partying and speeches footage, which if the couple want that in, oh brother, plan on at least a really long day. If you have to work with two or more unprofessionally synched cameras, you have my condolences, plan on a long weekend..

    The worst part of doing these is shooting them, which it seems you don’t have to do. If you want to see some fairly tasteful clips from a friend who does this for a living, go here for some creative ideas:

    https://www.weddingfilms.com/

    BTW you may notice the use of slo-mo and glow filters, an easy way to make people reach for a hanky.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 23, 2007 at 11:55 pm in reply to: HDV to HD/SD-SDI

    Just make a new sequence in the project and drag the HDV sequence into it like a clip.

Page 132 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy