Forum Replies Created

Page 131 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 11:28 pm in reply to: Blue-only color bars?

    What, in PAL you don’t have to calibrate?

  • It’s probably working, this is happening to everybody. You have to open the batch window manually and you’ll see it rendering. There are several tabs on the top of the batch window that you may have to mess with to see it all.

    You can have the batch window open by setting it in Preferences.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Multi-Format sequences in 6 = AOK

    Nate,

    The truly correct metnod is 2 off the top and 4 off the bottom BTW.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 3:53 pm in reply to: Blue-only color bars?

    Hey George,

    Yeah, chroma yes, but you are right. Back to the ole’ blue gel I guess, but then, phase isn’t much of an option there either, depending on the controls in the monitor, no?

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 3:50 pm in reply to: best simple monitoring solution for FCP setup

    Hey Shane,

    Yes of course, Doh! Too bad BM can’t fold in the bars check feature, that’s the big deal with the MXO most certainly, is it worth the extra 600 bucks? I guess that depends on client needs…

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 2:12 pm in reply to: Blue-only color bars?

    Tom,

    That does not make sense to me. Of course all the colors would still be there, how would you get a TV to not do that? The blue filter idea is something I’ve always done, but I think it’s a crappy alternative to a blue only switch.

    I’m gonna try Jerry’s suggeation and see what happens.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Big FCP 6 Nesting FIX. Yay!

    I made a new FCP 6 project, D1 for argument’s sake. Brought in a couple of PSD files as sequences. Layer names are intact. Opening up the layers in the viewer and placing in another sequence, layer names are replaced by PS file name. Copying and pasting into an existing sequence, layer names are retained. So yes, Neil, it’s fixed. As Tom says pasting into an empty sequence renames the sequence, still does that.

    Dragging layers to the browser doesn’t seem to help anything, nor does renaming the layer on the timeline with the item properties logging info, seems to re-name the psd sequence.

    For me, copy and paste each layer in 6 seems to work, so that’s what I’m gonna do.

    I still have FCP 4.5 on the other Mac, I will try this later and see what happens.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 12:57 pm in reply to: Big FCP 6 Nesting FIX. Yay!

    Ah, Walter, perhaps the right way after all. I will try that too. Doh! Seems perfectly logical it would keep the name then. Thanks!

    God, I HATE it when the answer is so freakin’ simple, after years of cursing the damn thing!

  • Chris Poisson

    May 26, 2007 at 12:53 pm in reply to: Big FCP 6 Nesting FIX. Yay!

    Neil,

    YES! That’s EXACTLY my experience all these years with PS layered files EXACTLY! The layer names are preserved until you copy an paste somewhere else in your project, then they are called the name of the sequence. My workaround has always been to use a poster frame on tracks big enough to see it, but it can be very frustrating, especially in a comp where you have a lot of layers and have to minimize them, and lose the poster frame.

    I suppose you could drag each of them into the Browser and restore their names or give them new ones, but what a waste of time and pain in the ass. Totally retarded.

    I just got 6 installed yesterday, and this issue is on my list to check and see if it is resolved.

  • Chris Poisson

    May 25, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: Studio 2 went too smooth to be true, DAMNIT!

    Ahhh, It just gets better! Thanks Tim.

    Now if only someone could demystify Color (groan!)

Page 131 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy