Forum Replies Created

Page 128 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    June 7, 2007 at 11:40 am in reply to: Remove a job from Compressor’s batch window

    Yes, what happened with me yesterday is that a job which had been encoding for a while would not respond to the cancel or pause commands. I even went so far as to quit everything and trash Compressor’s and Batch Monitor’s prefs, and the job was STILL encoding. And it would not quit until it was done, thereby blocking any other work I wanted to get done.

    A simple delete would do the trick.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 6, 2007 at 11:42 pm in reply to: Small HD camcorder

    That Panasonic may be a true HDV camera, but it records in AVCHD which I don’t believe is supported in Final Cut. At least not yet.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 6, 2007 at 1:05 pm in reply to: Behringer BCF2000 work with FCP????

    To answer your questions in order, no and yes.

    It was nothing more than a novelty for me, and at 200 bucks more like a toy, really. It was a total pain in the ass to get it going, there was a third party installer not mentioned anywhere in the documentation I could find, I lucked into a post from someone who had figured it out, otherwise it would have become a doorstop much sooner. I can dig up the info on setting it up if you like.

    Then there was using it. It takes up some counter space, and with my setup I still needed a mixer, so that was a problem. It worked okay, but no better that FCP’s or Soundtrack’s mixers, which do exactly the same thing, only they don’t take up space and they don’t make noise. Yes, noise. Clients hated it, I had to turn it off because it distracted them. So I finally just booted it off the system, the resident tools are more than adequate. The control surface doesn’t bring anything to the party, not speed, or finer tuning, nothing. For me it was a total waste of money and time.

    But hey, it’s fun for a while so enjoy!

  • Chris Poisson

    June 6, 2007 at 12:13 am in reply to: Going to standard DVD from 1080 project.

    Brian,

    It is better to do it this way because your footage only takes one hit, when you render it out of your Prores (or whatever) timeline. All scaling, transitions etc. get rendered only once, uncompressed. It really works great.

    Sounds like your workflow is very similar to mine, today I delivered some golf spots shot on a Z1U at 1080i, captured native HDV via Firewire, scaled and color corrected in a Prores SD timeline, out to Beta SP, it looked fantastic.

    A lot more info on this here:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/162/864839

  • Chris Poisson

    June 6, 2007 at 12:07 am in reply to: HDV -> ProRes Workflow

    Me too, it works fantastic. There’s a boatload of info about this in here:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_thread.cgi?forumid=162&postid=864839&univpostid=864839

  • Chris Poisson

    June 5, 2007 at 7:13 pm in reply to: DVC ProHD or HDV monitoring

    You can send it to your Apple Cinema display or whatever monitor is connected to your DVI out by going to view>video playback>digital cinema display-fullscreen, and this won’t cost you a cent.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 5, 2007 at 12:28 pm in reply to: New MacBook Pro Announced

    Hey Wayne,

    I only had a quick look, but am I right in assuming that with a decent hard drive, HDV native and the new Studio, there wouldn’t be much you couldn’t do with one of these?

  • Chris Poisson

    June 5, 2007 at 12:25 pm in reply to: Strange Beeps

    Chica,

    There are more efficient ways to boost your audio than doubling tracks, that’s a sloppy nightmare. You can do this in Peak DV which you should have or in Soundtrack Pro. And there are other ways I’m sure.

    The beeps are as advised.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 5, 2007 at 12:28 am in reply to: alpha channels in ProRes?

    On export it does not seem to give that option.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 4, 2007 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Converting HDV to DCPROHD
Page 128 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy