Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    June 29, 2007 at 2:08 am in reply to: Reference movies-NOT!

    Hey Shane,

    We think alike, while waiting for your answer I exported a ref movie and brought THAT back in and put the TC filter on it, it took about a third of the time to render out as a nest. So good advice, thanks.

    I also did the TC in Compressor just to try it out, so thanks John too.

    And, thanks for the AJA info.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 28, 2007 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Reference movies-NOT!

    Shane,

    Since I posted here’s what I found, I neglected to mention I had nested the RENDERED timeline so that I could apply the TC generator to match the TC that is on the Betas I made for the client. The DVDs I need to make are for the client to pick selects at their leisure in their own office.

    Although the time code filters don’t need rendering, it seems that they and nesting were forcing the self-contained movie.

    So, I took the 1 hour timeline out of the nest and made a ref movie in about 30 seconds, and just put it in compressor and used an in point to make it’s TC generator start at the right place, past the bars and slate. It’s working right now.

    But on another note, I already HAVE an LH and a DVD recorder. You might remember last week I asked about the TC feature in the Kona control panel, as I was frustrated I could not make a TC dub from my Canon A1 direct to DVD. Can you elaborate on how to use these to make TC DVDs?

  • Chris Poisson

    June 28, 2007 at 6:52 pm in reply to: HDV graphics

    Brian,

    I’m using native HDV in SD timelines with NTSC sized graphics, for SD stuff this works great, render in ProRes or 8bit uncompressed.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 28, 2007 at 2:31 pm in reply to: editing a music video, best approach?

    FWIW, before multiclip using multiple viewers was a big help. Still is at times for lots of things.

    Have fun!

  • Chris Poisson

    June 27, 2007 at 1:16 pm in reply to: audio mixer for FCP editing

    To answer your question, maybe, if you plan on or have need to use a few more devices in your suite, this mixer may come up short. Seems you’re on a budget, Behringer makes a bunch of different mixers that are fine, some have sliders if you want that, then there are Mackie and others. A couple years ago many of these went FireWire, I picked up a Macie 1202 at Guitar Center dirt cheap when that happened.

    Suggest you shop at http://www.fullcompass.com, great selection, great prices and technical help.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 26, 2007 at 5:10 pm in reply to: Storage for SD Capture / Edit

    There are a bazillion good SATA arrays around for your budget, I have a Firmtec 2 TB works great. Think the whole thing with a card was around 1400 bucks.

  • That’s hilarious Steve!

    Yes, trails and smears should help a lot. Also, if you have AE, CC Time Blend does some really weird things. Also Turbulent Displace.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 25, 2007 at 6:30 pm in reply to: Quick LH down convert/capture question

    Hey Jeremy,

    Thanks for the quick help.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 24, 2007 at 4:11 pm in reply to: low color in recording

    Marcello,

    It could be that your camera settings have been changed, try using a paper clip and pushing the reset button on top. Start over.

    Or it may be that your monitor is not calibrated properly, on my system the chroma calibration for the system set to component is vastly different from what the camera output alone is. Camera looks monochrome until I turn up the chroma.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 23, 2007 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Convert from Betacam to what?

    Paul,

    DV is 4:1:1, different from HDV. Any place that has a Terranex and or a Kona 2 or 3 will be able to give you digital files as Shane suggested. A good way to go.

    Especially if you do end up going to a BlueRay disc at some point.

Page 123 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy