Forum Replies Created

Page 124 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    June 20, 2007 at 5:39 pm in reply to: HDV Tape Comparison

    I use Sony Excellence for my DVX 100 and my Canon A1, so far not one problem.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 20, 2007 at 5:24 pm in reply to: COW Tutorials: Apple Color Getting Started

    Bogie,

    LOfreakin’L! Boy, THAT made my day, no, make that week. Too funny, and sadly, too true!

    Russell, I’m sorry, but David is right on. Who says hi tech apps have to look and act that way? Isn’t ease of use the point of Macs in the first place?

  • Chris Poisson

    June 20, 2007 at 2:20 pm in reply to: COW Tutorials: Apple Color Getting Started

    Stuck! You’re telling me? I blew right by that first screen, figured it would just save things where they belong by default. I thought my Mac had turned into a PC when I saw that screen!

    I looked for instructions, couldn’t find anything I understood, so thanks again.

  • Try running a composite out of your deck to a small monitor or TV. There are a boatload of small ones that work great for this. I have a little 7″ Coby for this which only cost a hundred bucks at B&H. Also helpful for editing rough cuts, as I don’t have to change my view up to my big monitor until I need to see something critical.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 20, 2007 at 12:59 pm in reply to: COW Tutorials: Apple Color Getting Started

    Hey Walter, thanks, that’s very helpful, not the usual Mac experience!

  • Chris Poisson

    June 19, 2007 at 7:46 pm in reply to: Canon 24F and Firestore FS-C

    Jim,

    I am thinking about getting one of those, have you tried it with 30P material? Have you tried bringing the 24P into a 29.97 project? Are you working native HDV?

  • Chris Poisson

    June 19, 2007 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Importing Pictures – dpi 150, 300, etc…

    All true, but it is still better to not tax FCP with wasted pixels. Using images sized around twice your frame size is all you should ever need.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 19, 2007 at 5:06 pm in reply to: Cinema displays, one monitor or two?

    Hi Bruce,

    Personally, I like two monitors. A couple friends have the 30’s and I don’t see the point, just a giant place to fill with clutter. Might as well just get a 32″ or bigger plasma display if you want big. But the biggest disadvantage IMO is that if you’re working in HD and want to use a CD to monitor, with the 30 you’re toast for everything else, timeline, tools, bins etc. all gone.

    I have a 23″ CD and a 22″ Samsung, so when I want to see HD full size, I just change the view to Cinema Display Full Screen and that fills up the Apple display, leaving the Samsung for everything else. Works great.

    I also do a lot of AE and I am in the habit of putting my comp window on the left monitor, so my timeline can be deep. I suppose that could be arranged on a 30 but I just feel more comfortable with two screens.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 18, 2007 at 7:22 pm in reply to: Native HDV Editing in FCP 5…

    Yes, you don’t need a Kona to capture native HDV, just FireWire.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 17, 2007 at 6:05 pm in reply to: Nice XH A1 with a Big Problem

    Hmm,

    Good points, hope you can get used to it.

Page 124 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy