Forum Replies Created

Page 119 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    July 31, 2007 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Adding movement to photos

    Faith,

    FCE has keyframes now? If they work the same as FCP, you do the ease in with the control key and mouse in the canvas. But, be forewarned, keyframing in FC anything is really awful.

    If you just need to animate some stills, take a look at Fotomagico from Boinx. You can learn it in about a half hour, it is really fast and fun.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 31, 2007 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Best format to import stills

    Craig,

    As you can see from the answers, it is the size that matters. FWIW, a few months back I did a test using jpeg, tiff, png and pict images from the same original jpegs, to see if any rendered faster, and it was basically a wash. The thread is in the archives, I think it was in April, can’t remember.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 28, 2007 at 6:03 pm in reply to: Music libraries

    Try Fresh Music and Music Bakery, also Sounddogs.com.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 28, 2007 at 2:45 pm in reply to: HDV to Youtube (staying widescreen)

    Rob,

    You can’t put a true widescreen movie on YouTube. You have to letterbox it. Just put your final show into a 4×3 timeline and FCP will do it for you.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 9:06 pm in reply to: OT: How do my titles look?

    Alexander,

    Understand the limitations, great music, I agree.

    There are some great AE tuts on text in here, look at Andrew Kramer’s work, just killer stuff while pretty simple. Easy to do. Hard to beat.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 9:03 pm in reply to: 1st HD Project

    A reason to put your HDV in an SD timeline is so that it can be monitored in SD while you work. It’s not a big deal.

    Jeremy, not sure about what FCP 6 does, but I think most cameras enable downconverting from HDV to DV, I know my Canon A1 does. But, I still prefer to use native HDV, as it gives me the option of zooming in or panning and scanning if I need to. I’ve got just such a job in the house right now.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 4:17 pm in reply to: 1st HD Project

    Patrick,

    The way I would do this is to capture native HDV via Firewire, and put it in a DV anamorphic timeline and render. Done.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 3:53 pm in reply to: Blur-Dissolve – Video Transition

    The ones mentioned here work great, also, there’s one in Eureka! called bluracross.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 3:48 pm in reply to: no audio after exporting out of compressor

    Audio and video are separate files for DVD production. In Compressor you choose either aiff or AC3 as David says.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 26, 2007 at 3:37 pm in reply to: 1st HD Project

    What exactly did you shoot, HDV or what?

Page 119 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy