Forum Replies Created

Page 326 of 403
  • [walter biscardi] “DVCPro HD always records at 59.94”

    1080i too?

  • Chris Borjis

    June 6, 2007 at 8:51 pm in reply to: Down Converting HD to DV

    I own one and I don’t think it does downconversion over firewire which seems a bit odd.

    You’d have to go through the other outputs and feed it through a analog/DV converter to do that like the Canopus 110.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 6, 2007 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Music & video spit and stutter on DVD

    if at all possible make sure:

    Your bitrate is between 5-7mbps but never exceeding 7mbps except for spikes.

    Your audio is Dolby AC3 and NOT uncompressed pcm (aif)

    You use good branded media like, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, etc..

  • ok sounds good.

    do you have some new easy setups in the works too to fix the audio not capturing on NTSC uncompressed easy setups?

  • I reverted back to 5.04 and 6.1 drivers as well.

    Apparently the easy setups (some like ntsc uncompressed) are corrupted and thats why embedded audio isn’t working at the moment.

  • I just read about that from Keith.

    That would probably do it, but I switched back to my other system drive running fcp 5.04 and blackmagic 6.1 so I can work in confidence in front of my clients.

    I will wait until black magic straightens out this problem in the easy setups (they should have posted this fix immediately)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 4, 2007 at 5:12 pm in reply to: No SDI Audio on 6.2

    Thank you Keith!

  • [pennello] ”
    BM need a closed forum on the BM site for reg owners if they don’t want to post on here..”

    They DEFINITELY need that.

    I’m sick of posts of known problems getting unanswered around here.

    the problem I have specifically with my multibridge extreme with 6.2 and fcp 6:

    capturing 10-bit or 8-bit SD uncompressed there is no audio.

    also the log and capture app is sluggish and I get the color wheel
    from 4 seconds (with SD) or up to 16 seconds (with HD) when logging.

    If they would fix that, I’d be a happy editor.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 4, 2007 at 4:59 pm in reply to: Do Kona and Blackmagic play nice together?

    As a blackmagic product owner I would stay away from it and stick with AJA.

    BlackMagic support is nearly non-existant. They have 1 (thats right 1) single individual taking care of North American support and I can’t tell you how painful it is dealing with them when there is a problem.

    Right now with driver 6.2 (the first one supporting fcp 6) there are a few small problems and some of us are unable to use it until they fix the problem and their forum response has been zero.

    I’ve had it with blackmagic design, they lost me as a faithful customer because of this repeated support issues.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 4, 2007 at 3:57 pm in reply to: No SDI Audio on 6.2

    oh and the rs-422 is sluggish at times as well, moreso when capturing HD uncompressed. I mark in and out in the capture utility then log it and the color wheel comes up for 16 seconds before the clip shows up in the bin.

    I switch back to my old drive with fcp 5.04 and blackmagic 6.1 and it has snappy response as always.

Page 326 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy