Forum Replies Created

Page 327 of 403
  • I’m not the only one having problems with final cut 6 and 6.2 drivers and black magic support is being unusually quiet which doesn’t help their customers (US) at all in a time of great need.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 4, 2007 at 1:49 am in reply to: ProRes 422 — a bad name

    do you mean macpro-res422 HD?

    it captures fine in SD for you right?

    I agree with you at any rate and thought it was a lame thing to do by announcing the fact of HD only on the mac pro weeks after public release.

    They clearly want everyone on the intel architecture now.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 2, 2007 at 3:54 am in reply to: Which codec for AE to FCP ?

    [Steve Kirby] “Should I render out of AE using the same Standard BM 10bit codec or the RGB version?”

    The standard one is what I use and its not been a problem.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 2, 2007 at 3:50 am in reply to: using compressor to get a file to burn on a DVD

    I have found that nesting an HD sequence into an SD sequence then exporting to compressor works quite well.

    I recommend you use dolby .ac3 over .aif though as thats (aif) uncompressed and could potentially cause stuttering on some dvd players out there if your video bit rate happens to exceed 7mbps.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 2, 2007 at 3:46 am in reply to: HD Pro Res doesn’t work on G5 Quad.

    [Chi-Ho Lee] “But you can still use a G5 to transcode to ProRes right? I know it’s double the time of real time capture but for people on the cheap, that’s a viable solution right?”

    Yeah that sounds viable, it just can’t do it on the fly.

    Nice of apple to let us know AFTER the fact… GGGRRR.

  • It appears the 8-bit NTSC SD uncompressed is messed up too.

    not full resolution and no audio though quicktime says there is.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 1, 2007 at 10:37 pm in reply to: HD Pro Res doesn’t work on G5 Quad.

    Interesting that David.

    I was capturing over component from my JVC HDV Deck.

    I don’t have any SDI HD capable decks yet.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 1, 2007 at 10:35 pm in reply to: HD Pro Res doesn’t work on G5 Quad.

    [Lee Berger] “What type of media drives are you using?”

    Ciprico 4210 disk array rated for up to HD 4:4:4 RGB HDCAM-SR or VIPER Filmstream.

    More than adequate. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    June 1, 2007 at 5:04 pm in reply to: Pro Res Minimum Hardware Requirements

    Yeah, I’ll post it there.

  • Chris Borjis

    May 31, 2007 at 2:45 pm in reply to: Pro Res Minimum Hardware Requirements

    yeah this whole Pro-Res with HD on a G5 architecture has been a very silent thing I’ve noticed.

    I have yet to know anyone with a G5 quad that has tried it.

    I’ll have fcs 2 on friday and will post results monday.

Page 327 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy