Forum Replies Created

Page 307 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 5:14 pm in reply to: DVCPRO-HD to After Effects then back to FCP

    Thanks Johnny, thats what I was planning on doing as well, but with the 1080 flavor of dvcpro-hd.

    The lower thirds stills are not animated so I will be following the strict instructions on that.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 3:32 pm in reply to: for owners of Panasonic Pro Plasmas

    [walter biscardi] “SD material looks pretty lousy on the displays. They are really for HD and HD only. Interlaced SD material just does not look on these displays.”

    Interesting part of that is Plasma displays have the best SD picture of ALL the available flat panel technology today.

    Better than LCD & Rear Projection.

    But yeah the picture is definitely softer.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 3:24 pm in reply to: Progressive h.64 file to dv

    at that point I’d use compressor and set the field order there.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 29, 2007 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Outputing Windows Media on a Mac

    I don’t understand.

    I just explained how you can do it.

    It won’t work from the render que, you have to
    do it from the file, export menu in after effects.

    I have the same version of Flip4mac that you have.

    It will work.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 28, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: XDCAM

    no there is not I believe.

    If you do it through firewire or ethernet you have to install this software and “copy” the files over.

    You will need to digitize over SDI if you want to batch capture it for online.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 28, 2007 at 11:25 pm in reply to: HDV finish

    a 10-bit codec, either uncompressed or prores.

    export the timeline from “export file, quicktime conversion”

    in there you can set the file size as 720×486 with anamorphic checked “preserve aspect”

    then output that to digibeta.

    I just did this myself some months ago. worked great.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 28, 2007 at 11:21 pm in reply to: Outputing Windows Media on a Mac

    oops, looks like there is an option under File, Export
    but not from the render que.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 28, 2007 at 11:17 pm in reply to: Outputing Windows Media on a Mac

    Do it on a PC is your only option.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 27, 2007 at 9:46 pm in reply to: XDCAM

    wasn’t that the entire point of XDCam?

    To get going editing right after recording, before you made
    it back to the tv station for the news?

  • Chris Borjis

    August 27, 2007 at 7:56 pm in reply to: m2t conversion

    no.

    mpeg stream clip.

Page 307 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy