Forum Replies Created

Page 306 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 1, 2007 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Best open timeline for mixing DVCAM w/DVCPRO HD

    On thing I can think to remove the aliasing is set the motion quality for FAST. As odd as it seems, this fixes all the aliasing issues I have when clips are resized in fcp. Sometimes though the aliasing goes away further if you render out your timeline. The viewer will not show this improvement until you render out a completely separate file.

    Everything else sounds right, make your timeline the same size/codec as the majority of your mixed footage is to ease the pain during the process.

    as for color correction, I would render out the timeline to ProRes or uncompressed to keep image degradation to a minimum.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 1, 2007 at 4:02 am in reply to: Burning BluRay in FCP/DVDSP?

    Its not possible yet.

    I’ve had great success making HD-DVD’s though.

    I burn one and they play in all the Toshiba HD-DVD players.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 31, 2007 at 10:43 pm in reply to: Burning BluRay in FCP/DVDSP?

    Nope.

    I’m not sure there will be either since 2 big things happened recently.

    1. Paramount went HD-DVD Exclusive.

    2. The BDA has mandated that ALL players WILL NOT be able
    to playback user made BD-R/BD-RE made movies.

    There has been a rumor that the next PS3 update will disable burnable movie disc playback.

    Already the panasonic or samnsungs have been disabled.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 31, 2007 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Legalizing HD with FCP

    [walter biscardi] “Generally we run three levels of Colorista,”

    can you expand on that Walter?

    I’m about to start delivering HDCam for a network and the last thing I need is a rejected master.

    Your posts here on your experiences with good eats has been a tremendous help to me. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    August 31, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Making DVDs from analog tape sources etc.

    The Panasonic DMR series are the most reliable and best picture quality in my opinion. I’ve been using a DMR-E30 for the last 5 years and its still going strong.

    I have also heard the Pioneer models are nice.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 31, 2007 at 3:21 pm in reply to: OT HVR-V1U HDV 1080i/24p Cinema Style Camcorder

    Its my understanding it works much like the firestore drive does with the jvc cameras.

    So you would be getting HDV quicktime files on it.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Legalizing HD with FCP

    Broadcast Safe doesn’t always work for everything if you apply it to the entire timeline especially if you have an uncorrected clips, so I hear.

    Have you watched the entire hd timeline through the scopes in fcp? any illegal levels there? There should be if your running into problems.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 7:10 pm in reply to: Reverting Quicktime

    I’d like to know as well.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 5:18 pm in reply to: Has anyone managed to do this?

    This is not likely possible do to XDCams mpeg codec.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 30, 2007 at 5:17 pm in reply to: FCP 6 HD.. HORRENDOUS Alpha (Bug) renders

    Did you bring in the .motn file into final cut?

    That will take forever, its a bug that apple has not yet fixed.
    I used motion for slates and a previous render of a 8 second slate took 5 seconds to render and now takes 12 minutes.

    If its a bug graphic why not just have it as a .psd on the timeline?

    if your looking for a codec to render to, I’d use ProRes.

Page 306 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy