Forum Replies Created

Page 289 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 11:08 pm in reply to: combining DVCPRO-HD and HDV in a project …

    HDV is ok if its not mixed with anything else.

    In this situation I would DIGITIZE it to DVCPRO-HD to ensure you have not one issue with it.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Final Cut 6 quitting when setting a long render

    Are you just trying to render the sequence or are you exporting it as a file?

    I used to have the problem you describe, but it was on fcp 5.04 when I tried rendering an sd timeline that was long. Exporting it as a file worked though.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 11:01 pm in reply to: 8 cores shutting down

    if your not on conditioned power are you at least on an independant circuit on the 8 core?

    Those things suck down some serious power and rendering would certainly test the limits of that.

    what are you rendering?

    is the monitor going to sleep first?

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 10:00 pm in reply to: Sooo OT

    They are usually encrypted mpeg2 stransport streams.

    some DVR’s allow you to decrypt the content for re-purposing but that kind of thing is not discussed here at the cow.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 9:55 pm in reply to: “Over recording” w Edit to Tape

    check the mastering settings of your edit to tape window.

    the lower right side shows a checkbox with seconds you can fill in.

    I usually always leave it at 10 seconds though.
    You never know when or if a glitch might occur when it finishes and having that trail off prevents that.

    I realize with high end decks that very rarely if ever occurs, but its a nice safety precaution imo.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 9:40 pm in reply to: Calibrating Color Temperature on Production Monitor

    Its supposed to support PVM but its listed as primarily a bvm probe.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 8:39 pm in reply to: Calibrating Color Temperature on Production Monitor

    Shane, I’m curious, whats your contrast and brightness set to on your PVM?

    I finally got one 2 weeks ago, great monitor.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Calibrating Color Temperature on Production Monitor

    [CharlieX] “I think he has a PVM monitor. so the sony probe won’t work.”

    why wouldn’t it?

    That probe is made for that monitor.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 8:32 pm in reply to: OT Avid not at NAB 2008

    [A.Zander] “After 2 days of 4 seperate calls I spent a total amount of 45 minutes listening to nothing but ringing on their west coast distribution line. As in if you go to the avid webpage and go to contact us, the number it gives you…

    Thats customer service.”

    oh yeah absolutely.

    If you don’t buy the service contract with the exclusive support numbers they actually answer, your out on your can.

    I do understand the need for this way of doing business, but its nice to see companies like Adobe and Apple that don’t require it.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 13, 2007 at 8:26 pm in reply to: HELP my RAID went away all of the sudden!!!!!

    Is it setup as raid zero? (both are combined in a single volume for speed)

    if so, you probably lost everything.

    the single reason I NEVER use raid zero unless I have the contents backed up elsewhere.

    Diskwarrior is a necessary investment though.

Page 289 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy