Forum Replies Created

Page 604 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    December 22, 2006 at 7:47 am in reply to: Syncronization between ep and sp clips

    Dub the EP tape to a SP tape?

  • Bret Williams

    December 22, 2006 at 7:41 am in reply to: Stairstepping on Scaled Graphics (Both FCP and Motion)

    Having animated countless things in AE over the last 10 years, I’ve never seen any stairstepping. But in FCP, hell yeah. How on earth are you getting stairstepping in AE?

  • FCP is doing the distort for you. Automatically. Drop them in the timeline and start placing them. There’s nothing else to do. That’s it. All you have to do. The 12% distort is correct. If you need to remove or add it, you can copy and paste attributes to all 1000 pics at once.

  • Bret Williams

    December 20, 2006 at 4:26 am in reply to: How do you create loopable backgrounds in FCP?….

    Well, like was said, just do a slow dissolve (or applicable transition). To be more precise, simply take a part of the begining of the video and put dissolve to it at the end.

  • Bret Williams

    December 19, 2006 at 5:29 am in reply to: I Messed up my boss’ fcp 4.5!!

    He’ll be needing FCP 5 as well, no?

  • Edit the stills in a sequence matching the video. Or place the stills sequence into the video sequence. Any which way, there’s no conflict.

    But there’s no reason to be using a square pixel sequence for your stills. You’re just confusing the issue.

  • Bret Williams

    December 18, 2006 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Killing Auto Save?

    I’m like Walter. Pretty much my hand hits apple s every time the client says “good, cool, yes, I like it, great, etc.” It’s a muscular response. Or if I’m editing on my own, every time I like it.

  • Bret Williams

    December 18, 2006 at 5:37 pm in reply to: Square pixels my FOOT

    That’s great! It only took FCP 6 years to get it right. Because today I’m working on a 4.5 machine, and we have some kona uncompressed clips. Dropping them in a DV timeline scales them back to 98.77 percent. I don’t doubt that 5.1.2 is doing it right. I’ve got a 5.1.2 machine here and I’ll give it a test.

  • Bret Williams

    December 18, 2006 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Square pixels my FOOT

    It scales it to 98%, preserving the width attribute, unlike AE, which would always match the scanlines. But if your machine doesn’t scale the image down to fit the whole thing within 480 scan lines that’s great. All machines I’ve worked on scale the 486 scan lines down to fit within 480. Leaves a little black on the left and right.

  • Bret Williams

    December 18, 2006 at 6:55 am in reply to: Square pixels my FOOT

    FWIW – if you place 720×486 into a DV (720×480) timeline, FCP will shrink the footage to about 98% to make it fit vertically, which is of course the completely incorrect thing for it to do. Change it back to 100%, and move the image down one pixel to maintain correct field order.

Page 604 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy