Forum Replies Created

Page 605 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    December 14, 2006 at 6:10 am in reply to: FLVs Just Don’t Look Good Anymore

    Squeeze is great. I use 1 pass CBR VP6 1:1 frame rate. Looks great.

  • Bret Williams

    December 14, 2006 at 5:26 am in reply to: Digitize DV50?

    Hope this doesn’t sound stupid, but have you chosen DV50 as your capture method of choice?

    Choose the easy setup. Press ctrl+Q. Choose the DV50 NTSC or appropriate setup. If you don’t see in capture window then, it’s probably a deck thing.

  • Bret Williams

    December 7, 2006 at 1:17 am in reply to: jagged edges

    Doesnt’ matter. The 3D effect bites. Jaggy edges.

  • Bret Williams

    December 6, 2006 at 1:34 pm in reply to: Most current FCP that will run on Dual 500 G4?

    I run it on a dual 1ghz G4. If you’re running DVCam it feels no different than a G5 in general operation. Big renders will be slower, but that’s about it. Check the specs on the apple site, but I’d think it would run fine. I do have a friend that plays around on it with his dual G4 500mhz. Haven’t heard any complaints.

  • Bret Williams

    December 6, 2006 at 1:32 pm in reply to: STP-FCP don’t sing in harmony

    Panning doesn’t actually affect a clip physically. It’s a stereo pair, but think of it as 2 separate files. You panned each to center and exported. The exporting kept it as 2 separate audio clips, although it also mixed them together physically, so there is no way to get the stereo back. The files have been mixed. Thery’re 2 separate files of the same sound now. So then you did your thing in stp and exported. It’s still a stereo pair you imported and FCP simply applied it’s default stereo pair pan default. But they’re mixed together now so they don’t sound different.

    Make sense?

  • Bret Williams

    December 6, 2006 at 5:22 am in reply to: adjusting gain level of clip before I open it

    Can’t do it in the bin. Here’s a way…

    Make a sequence. Highlight all clips and drag them into the sequence. Select all in seq. Then press cmd+opt+L. Type -10. Delete all your clips in your bin (or create a new bin). Copy all clips in sequence. Paste into empty bin.

    Takes about 10 seconds depending on number of clips.

  • Bret Williams

    December 6, 2006 at 5:09 am in reply to: Getting rid of strobe

    Well, yeah.

  • Huh? This is basic Video Editing 101 fare. Much more time consuming to go to another app for a basic matte and filter.

  • Apply the key, then apply the mask. If you do the reverse, it’ll mess up the key.

  • Bret Williams

    December 5, 2006 at 1:53 pm in reply to: Apple has bought PROXIMITY !!!

    Just curious, but with as many seats, why do you think Avid does it? They don’t even make the hardware that comes with their system. So all they’re getting money for is the software. (yeah, and a hardware markup, but not like they used to).

    I’d wager that Apple makes more money on Studio than on a computer. When the computers were $3500 back in the late 90s, Jobs was quoted that they make about $500 on a computer. I’d bet the margins are lower now with less expensive machines and more competition.

    I don’t know where most of Apple’s profits are, but I for one could give a smack about their hardware. I don’t use the hardware. I use the software. Sure I admire the simplicity of adding RAM, etc. but it’s the OS and the software that make them great.

Page 605 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy