Forum Replies Created
-
[titan3ium] “But giving up is not really an option for me. “
That’s the most important thing!
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
OK, so I did a quick search of this forum under your name & I see that you’ve posted 5 times in the last week with related problems. In fact, I’ve responded to 2 of your previous posts. And the last time I responded I told you pretty much what Walter just said. It’s pretty clear to me that your system is not set up properly. It might be a good idea to pay someone to set it up for you, or to pay someone to digitize the material to a firewire hard drive for you on their system.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Arnie Schlissel
May 15, 2007 at 3:44 pm in reply to: transparent background in photoshop changing to white in FCP[Jonathon H] “the .jpeg of the line is set on a transparent background in photoshop.”
No it’s not. If you open the jpeg in PS, you’ll see that it has a white background. jpegs cannot have either transparency or alpha channels.
You need to save your picture in a format that allows transparency, or can have a separate alpha channel to create the transparency. IOW, you should be saving your picture as a .tif, .tga or .png, with an alpha channel.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I think Oxygen is all Mac.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Your hard drive is too slow or too full. The freezing is caused by dropped frames of video. The short answer is that you need a faster hard drive- the mechanism should run at 7200 RPM and it would be best if it you could use firewire 800 to connect it to your powerbook.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
The way I do it is to open the sequence, select all, then right-click and choose “Make Sequence Clips Independent”. This works for me consistently.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
What specific ‘operation’ is ‘not allowed’? are you trying to overwrite into a transition, perhaps?
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[titan3ium] “If I were to send out the tapes for CC though and espically for the cost as well, for just the 12-24 shows I do I would have spent that in the CC sofware. That’s why this is a pain for me.”
Here’s the thing- If you buy the software, you still have to do the captioning (or pay someone to do it with you software). If you send it out to a captioning service, it’s done for you. You may have spent the same amount of money, but someone else has done the work for you, and you’re still ahead.
And the time you didn’t spend on captioning can be spent on improving the show, selling the show somewhere else, working on other projects, with your family, or any other way you want.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
A lot of HDCam decks can record 24psf. you can look up the technical details on Sony’s website, but it allows you to work & output with progressive frames at 23.976 fps.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Which controller card do you use for your RAID?
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog