Forum Replies Created

Page 194 of 306
  • [Bryan R] “I called blackmagic this morning and they said none of their cards can convert from 1080p24 of an HDCAM deck to a DVCPRO HD 720p24 file on the fly.”

    For that conversion you need a Kona 3. Perhaps you could try to capture as 720, ProRes? Don’t know if that would work, but it shouldn’t take too long to try it.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 19, 2007 at 5:46 pm in reply to: eSATA raid solution with swappable drives…

    If you just want an inexpensive, well made box, go to pc-pitstop.com (with the hyphen!) and see what best fits your needs. Near as I can tell, these are the same enclosures that people like Mac Gurus sell for more than 2X the price. They also sell some SATA & SAS controller cards, but you’ll have to do your homework to figure out which ones work on your Mac.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 19, 2007 at 5:29 pm in reply to: slowing down 25 to 30 causes judder…why?

    [Bob Flood] “I slow it down to 83.42 percent which changes the frame rate from 25 to 30, adn it should play back smooth (but a little slower, which is OK its just b roll no sound)”

    Slowing down a clip in the timeline doesn’t change its frame rate. Your PAL clips in your NTSC timeline remain PAL clips, with a native rate of 25fps, even after you slow them down.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 19, 2007 at 12:59 pm in reply to: Magic Bullet Looks Available

    I gave it a quick look yesterday.

    When you have the MBL editor open, it doesn’t seem to be able to play out to my monitor. I’m also disappointed that there’s no real keyframing of the effects, or the centering or feathering.

    Unless I missed it? I’ll have to read over the manual this weekend & see.

    OTOH, I really like what you can do with it. Good interface. Applying a specific color, diffusion, vignette effect is really fast & simple even if you have to bounce in & out to check it on the video monitor. It’s just a little less flexible than I would have liked.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 18, 2007 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Make independent clip is it lossless?

    [Borjis] “I’m wondering if final cut performs a save as function when creating independent clips rather than export function.”

    Neither. When you right click on a sequence and choose “make independent clips” you’re not creating any new media. All you’re doing is removing any relationship between the clips in that timeline and any other clips in the project. The media files they refer to on your hard drive remain unchanged.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 18, 2007 at 12:30 pm in reply to: Slightly OT AJA customer support!

    I concur!! My experience with AJA tech support is that they’re tops. And they call you back in a reasonable amount of time!

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • That’s the way it works in FCP. You’ll need to crop the photos in Photoshop. While you’re at it, you may as well add the bevel there too.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 17, 2007 at 9:29 pm in reply to: Magic Bullet Looks Available

    According to Red Giant, it replaces MB Editor. Don’t know about Colorista.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 17, 2007 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Leopard just $109 after rebate & free shipping

    [David Roth Weiss] “YVW!!!”

    For a second, I thought that was a new color space!

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 17, 2007 at 1:40 pm in reply to: Leopard Announced October 26th

    Figures. Probably why they give it away free.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 194 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy