Forum Replies Created

Page 195 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Leopard Announced October 26th

    I vaguely seem to remember that it would be included. But I could also be making that up.

    Anyway, these guys seem to be giving an initiator away for free. Probably to entice you to buy a drive array from them.

    https://www.studionetworksolutions.com/products/product_detail.php?pi=11

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • [PaulBC] “I started working on the project on my old mac (G4 Quicksilver), but have since worked on it on this new system (Mac Pro), for a few days.”

    Which version of FCP is on the G4? Which version is on the Mac Pro? Are they the same version? If not, that’s your problem.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Another HDV Prores Question

    The 1st thing you really need to know is do you want to finish in 24P, or in 25P? That’s the format that you should be shooting in.

    Converting 25i to either 24P or 25P will be time consuming, & you will be throwing away some image quality when you do so.

    If you do any VFX, you would be better off working with progressive footage. Having your VFX done at 25P to convert them to 24P later could introduce artifacts or reduce quality.

    Getting a good, clean conversion from 25i to 24P can cost a couple of thousand dollars for a feature. If you spend that same money to rent a camera that will shoot 24P natively, you stand to gain quite a bit.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 3:20 pm in reply to: BMD vs AJA insert accuracy

    Which deck do you have? Not all decks can do an insert.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 3:18 pm in reply to: fluttery looking motion?

    [Peterd] “I see a little bit of fluttery motion on fast camera movement. It looks like the video is tearing very slightly but it’s noticeable.”

    This is an interlaced monitor (a CRT)? Or a progressive monitor (LCD or Plasma)? And what kind of footage? 30i? 30P? 24P?

    Most likely, this is actually a fairly normal artifact of fast panning. All cameras will strobe when you pan too fast. Some cameras will show this artifact on slower pans than others. It’s less noticeable with interlaced cameras viewed on interlace monitors until you really get waaaaay too fast.

    If this is the case, You might want to experiment with motion blur to tone down the strobing.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 2:06 am in reply to: tiff sequence into SD anamophic

    Set up a new motion project at 25 fps, with a frame size of 1024X576, square pixels. Then import the tiff sequence. Set the output in Motion to PAL anamorphic, with whatever video settings you’d normally use.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 2:01 am in reply to: Here’s a baffler…

    Does this drifting audio stay in synch with the picture of that camera? Also, the audio rate really is 48k, not 47,999 or 48,001 3/4?

    [David Roth Weiss] “is that its possible that there was some audio clipping on one camera and that might have caused an intermittent voltage issue inside the camera”

    I’ve seen photographic strobes cause audio to drop out or clip. I’ve seen clipping audio cause artifacts in the picture. If the audio was really clipping outrageously hard, well, who knows?

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 16, 2007 at 1:35 am in reply to: I/O HD questions

    [Jerry Alto] “Now if I can just figure out why the picture is frozen in FCP viewer!”

    Maybe it’s just too cold? Try warming up the color balance.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 15, 2007 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Baffling capturing issue

    [Peterd] “using a Keyspan for deck control”

    Umm… Why? There’s an RS-422 port directly on the Io. What happens if you swich your control cable to the Io? You need to change the deck control in FCP’s AV settings, as well.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 15, 2007 at 6:30 pm in reply to: I/O HD questions

    [Bob Zelin] “1) How come it’s not working on my MAC G4 ?”

    I can’t seem to get it to work on my grape colored iMac with the daisy sticker on the side. Do you think it would help if I move the sticker? Right now it’s on the right about 1/4 down from the top. Should I move the sticker to the left? A little further down perhaps? Maybe if I tried a tangerine iMac?

    Also, I can’t get it to connect to my Quadra..

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 195 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy