Forum Replies Created

Page 183 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 28, 2007 at 4:56 pm in reply to: 720p 59.94 101

    If you’re going to play it from a Mac, you may not even need to go to DVD. You could probably hook a Mac Mini, or an older Mac to a plasma that has a DVI input. Which means that you can create a Quicktime, not a DVD (thereby saving yourself some extra steps).

    You should run some tests, but you can probably create your final file in Photo JPEG, AVC or mp4 codecs.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 28, 2007 at 6:38 am in reply to: Over a barrel with my backside hanging out…

    [Mark Suszko] “I see what he writes after I tell him about the cable and the sleeping and 32 pictures with the lines an arrows(wait, that’s thanksgiving, tell that one another time when I have my guitar).”

    Would those be color glossy photos? With circles, and arrows, and a paragraph on the back of each one, so as to be used as evidence against us in court?

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 28, 2007 at 4:18 am in reply to: The Writer’s Strike – A Love Story

    I laughed so hard, I freaked the cats out!

    Isn’t that the same guy from the video that Ron posted? The one claiming to be a “studio executive”?

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 28, 2007 at 4:12 am in reply to: collections: hardball or softball?

    [David Roth Weiss] “This is purely a small claims matter. You would never find a lawyer to take the case on a contingency, and you would of course be foolish to spend any real money pursuing such a small amount.”

    10 or 12 years ago,when I was a freelance newspaper photographer, I had a client that owed me for a few invoices- something like $500 or $600, if I recall. The publisher had been ducking my calls for 2 or 3 weeks, & I figured that if I took them to small claims, I’d never see a cent, but if I took them to federal court for copyright violation, it would cost them much more than that just to show up for the 1st hearing.

    So I called & left voice mails for the publisher, his assistant & the corporate attorney telling them that I was revoking their license to the pictures they had run, and going to sue them for violating my copyright.

    I was called back immediately and told that a check was being cut & would be waiting there as soon as I could come pick it up. And, by the way, we’re paying you a little bit extra to make up for your trouble. I think it was something like an extra 20%.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 27, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: Editing for film in Final Cut

    Your lab can burn in the keycodes when they transfer the film to video.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 27, 2007 at 7:46 pm in reply to: Viper Camera Final Cut Pro 6 Workflow

    Shirlyn:

    Who is renting you the camera? Call them. Call them right now.

    Ask them the model number of the deck, and what inputs & outputs it has. While you’re at it, ask which tape stock it uses.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 26, 2007 at 7:23 pm in reply to: 480p captures with Kona 2?

    Same as they were last week. Scroll down 7 threads.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 16, 2007 at 9:55 pm in reply to: Keying pluggin for FCP ?

    I really like using Conduit, also from DV garage. You may also want to try Zmatte from Digital Film Tools.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 15, 2007 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Multiple Edit Station Storage?

    [David Roth Weiss] “Hard drives are incredibly expensive now, but shared storage is still very expensive.”

    I’m guessing that David meant to say “Hard drives are incredibly inexpensive now, but shared storage is still very expensive.”

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 15, 2007 at 5:28 am in reply to: ProRes codec for editing stills?

    I would do this in Motion, not FCP. You can set up a custom timeline setting to match the projector, and make your final export in Photo-JPEG codec. Of course, your realtime preview out from Motion will be a bit slower that way. If you want to add Music, you can add that in Motion, QT Pro, or even in FCP.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 183 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy