Forum Replies Created
-
The best version of this in in Nattress Film Effects.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
March 10, 2009 at 2:15 am in reply to: Bright reds bleeding / artifacting badly on export – any tips?Open up the video scopes under the “Tools” menu. I’ll bet that the vectorscope has a nice big spike in the reds. If that spike goes too close to the edge of the scope, you will have these type of problems.
You need to pull that spike away from the edge. Try desaturating the logo 5-10% and see if that helps.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
March 9, 2009 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Best FCP sequence settings for using both HDV1080i60 and DVCPROHD 720P?[Dell Martinez] “What would you in the creative cow community recommend our sequence settings be set to for the best look, output etc.”
Shoot in one format? Honestly, I’m sure you have some reason to use two formats, but using only one would eliminate these kind of problems altogether.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
You need to do the same thing as before. You need to export an XML, version 3, I think, and then you can open it in an earlier version. This question comes up in this forum quite often, so you can search this forum if you need more information.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
You can have your VFX person render out an .tiff or .tga sequence for you. Then you can open the image sequence in QT Pro and export it as a ProRes .mov.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Open up the video scopes in FCP. What do they say?
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Laura Cowen] “I have exported it as 720X486 and now I want to burn it in iDVD, but the preview box in iDVD shows black bars at the top andbottom of the box so it doesnt seem to be fittinf for iDVD.”
Those black bars are called “letterboxing”. If the original has those black bars in FCP, then that’s the way it is, and that’s the way it’s going to be.
If the original video was true widescreen, then you would need to use DVD Studio Pro to author a disk that can automatically display as either widescreen or letterbox depending on what type of TV it’s shown on.
I don’t think that iDVD can handle widescreen material without letterboxing.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Laura Cowen] “I want to export from Final Cut Pro is the highest resolution possible.”
[Laura Cowen] “when I scroll through the settings there is no option for 640X480.”
First off, 640×480 is not a standard video size. NTSC video is 720×486. I think that this is explained in the FCP manual. This is not something made up by FCP, it’s mandated by the various government and industry groups that make standards for film and video.
And 640×480 is far from the “highest resolution possible.” FCP supports resolutions up to 2048×1538.
[Laura Cowen] “If I keep it at at “current” settings or “DVNTSC” setting then my video is exported at a lower and pixelated quality.”
My experience has been that using “current” settings will give you the best quality possible. By definition, using “current” means that it’s not being transcoded, resized or recompressed.
What is the original source of your video? What is your final goal for it? That will determine your best course of action.
[Laura Cowen] “I don’t have Compressor so that’s not an option right now.”
You should have Compressor, it comes in the box with FCP. If you didn’t install it, then you should dig up your install disks and do so.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Your export options and methods will be covered in the Photoshop manual. You may need to export to an image sequence, and then use Quicktime Pro to turn that sequence into a QT movie.
I have to say, that one of the great things about Adobe’s CS products is that you get all the manuals when you buy a suite of software from them. It makes great reading when you commute to work on the subway!
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Hmm… color me puzzled…
The other usual suspects would be missing reel numbers, subclips, nests and speed changes.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/