I never use any image processing in the camera. I have a Canon A1 everything is turned off, even gain is set to -3 to give a sharp image.
I make sure the aperture is between 4 and 5.6. This will give the sharpest image. Very closed apertures (the A1 will go up to F22) will give fuzzy focus. Then I use the ND filter to get the aperture open. This is also in the manual of the FX1.
Imo if you filmed your subject correct the footage does not need sharpening.
Although you can sharpen a subject within the frame to give it more grit.
If you do want to sharpen (not out of focus images) a overall image add the effect straight to the clip and try different settings or place two instances of the clip on top of each other (superimposed). Add the sharpen (30-50) or unsharpen effect (trial and error) to the clip in track 2 and lower the opacity to 50-70%. This last technique is suited for sharpening analog video and maybe fuzzy focus.
Beware sharpening looks better when image is paused then in play.
——————————————————————————-
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro
Adobe Community Professional