Forum Replies Created

Page 143 of 242
  • Andy Mees

    July 31, 2008 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Using “R” or “TM” in Text

    well it works exactly as it should (superscript etc) on my system using Apple’s own Text Video Generator

  • Andy Mees

    July 31, 2008 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Using “R” or “TM” in Text

    you can access all thes and ore directly from OS X’s Character Palette

    that said, on my machine ™ is Option-2 and ® is Option R

  • Andy Mees

    July 24, 2008 at 4:25 pm in reply to: XDCAM EX 1080i50 workflow problems

    Hey Benjamin

    as per the other threads:

    1) … I went into my sequence settings, and turned Field Dominance to “NONE.” Now, it looks like progressive frames, when I go through frame by frame … Am I wrong to switch it to no field dominance?

    Yes. If you are cutting XDCAM EX 1080i50 in a XDCAM EX 1080i50 sequence then you should leave the Field Dominance set to Upper.

    2) When I animate stills, I am getting staggered motion when I render the Motion clip in FCP. Is this because I am working on a 60Hz monitor, in a PAL project?

    Probably, but then again I don’t have a mismatched setup with which to test 😛

    3) I’m getting rainbow strobing/rippling on shots,… is the result of FCP’s compression during playback.

    Yes You need to view your playback on a properly configured monitoring setup before you can make any such critical assumptions about your video

    Or, is it because the actual sky itself is different in France, and PAL simply cannot capture the atmosphere over North America?

    LOL

    Obviously, the best solution to my problems is to get the production to rent a PAL monitor, install a Kona card or the like in the system, and see how this stuff actually looks. But, since that is not immediately happening…

    if you can’t go out and rent a PAL monitor and necessary I/O gear then consider buying or borrowing (or renting?) a Matrox MXO … if you carry on as you are then you’re just pisssing in the wind and may end up smelling less than rosy

  • Andy Mees

    June 29, 2008 at 4:09 am in reply to: Old Timey Fade Out

    double click the effect as applied in the timeline. there is a small button in the effect controls, directly to the right of the Start and End percentage sliders … that button toggles the”direction” of the effect.

    press it then review the applied effect in the canvas. is that what you want?

  • Andy Mees

    June 26, 2008 at 3:44 am in reply to: Final Cut/Macbook Pro/Multi Camera Live Feeds

    depending on the source format you may also have some luck with Big Mug Software’s Capture Magic HD and Softron’s MovieRecorder software …

  • Andy Mees

    June 25, 2008 at 11:59 pm in reply to: what’s the deal with free coremelt plugins?

    no mystery Roger. my feeling is simply that FxFactory authored plugins are less desirable to an end user because they don’t “just work” as is, instead they require the user to install FxFactory as well. as a plugin developer I’d want anyone who uses my plugins to be able to do so without such a caveat.

    personally, i’d be glad to install the whole shebang in order to use the authoring environment but at the end of the day I don’t want the product to require the same. truth be told, this is the exact reason I haven’t bought FxFactory or use FxFactory based plugins myself, although I’ve recommended it/them many times.

  • Andy Mees

    June 25, 2008 at 4:31 pm in reply to: what’s the deal with free coremelt plugins?

    Hi Roger

    Any chance you fine fine folks will release a version of FxFactory Pro that can compile standalone FxPlug’s that don’t require the FCS enduser install FxFactory itself? That would be a whole heap more enticing to developers and endusers alike I think. Go on, you know you want to …

    Please 🙂

    Cheers
    Andy

  • Andy Mees

    June 25, 2008 at 2:55 pm in reply to: what’s the deal with free coremelt plugins?

    FxFactory is a pretty cool effects plugin coding framework and installing it will give you access to a whole rack of free and commercial FxPlug plugins that are based on that framework. Thats pretty much both the Pro’s and the Con’s of it. Great plugins but they won’t run without the development framework installed too.

  • Andy Mees

    June 25, 2008 at 2:04 pm in reply to: mxf to mov interlacing issue

    sorry I’ve no first hand experience with this camera although the 24p dv recording setting versus the 29.97 dv50 clip and timeline setting may point to the issue?

    you originally asked for alterantive transfer methods …
    you might try native mxf editing using mxf4mac’s mxf4qt components
    https://mxf4mac.com/products/mfx4qt
    or an alternative transfer too such as p2 log https://www.imagineproducts.com/P2log.htm

  • Andy Mees

    June 24, 2008 at 4:56 am in reply to: mxf to mov interlacing issue

    mxf is just a wrapper format, the video data it contains (the essence) remains the same regardless of the wrapper, so I would doubt that is the issue. the canvas window only shows a deinterlaced image, so any interlacing issues would not be apparent there.

    forget where the files were sourced for a moment ..
    check your settings and make sure the issue is not in there somewhere
    select one of the clips that display this problem and press cmd-9 to open the item properties window
    jot down those format settings
    now, with your sequence open and active in the timeline window, press cmd-zero to open the sequence settings window
    again, jot down those settings

    compare the 2 lists … what differences are thee, if any? post back with your 2 lists of settings

Page 143 of 242

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy