Forum Replies Created
-
I’d be happy to give your the tour when you’re next in town Rafael. Just send me a note to let me know when you’re coming.
-
Hey Rafael, Yes that’s what I’d do, or at least that would be the way I’d handle it if I was going to bring such a clip into an FCP system for a cut down or whatever. If I was throwing it onto another system then I’d transcode / ingest appropriately. So here, for example, I’d drop it into the watch folder on our Carbon Coder server (which would then transcode, rewrap and send the file onto our K2 server).
-
Arnie, End of story? Nothing is ever that black and white. Ken’s talking about remote submission of story and rushes for newsgathering purposes here. In such circumstances the content is the most important aspect. MPEG2 provides high quality images with reasonably small files and is a universally acceptable format that can be handled regardless of target hardware.
Ken, MPEG2 Transport Steams can be created using Compressor. Either export directly to compressor using File > Export > Using Compressor, or export a quicktime movie from FCP first and then import that into Compressor. In Compressor you can choose from the available presets in the Settings window: Apple >> Formats >> MPEG-2 >> Transport Stream … I would suggest you bring the Average Bit Rate down to around 8 Mbps which should produce a good quality encode at a reasonable file size (13 minutes video per gigabyte)
-
Nope. The codec support in FCP doesn’t belong to Sony it belongs to Apple (its part of their HDV codec bundle). Am pretty sure for EX codec support you need to have FCP 6.0.2 as noted in the doc you linked:
version 6.0.3 or higher is required for editing XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD422 clipsHey. I’ve been wrong before tho …
-
try nesting.
sync the clips in a sync sequence
then use the sync sequence as a virtual source clip (a nest) in your master edit
you apply the reverse to the nest -
I’m pretty sure that wont work. The XDCAM Transfer software will give you access to the clip media but doesn’t include the codec. Support for the EX codec ships with FCP 6.0.2 and above.
-
a high bitrate MPEG2 Transport Stream should provide acceptable quality for a news broadcaster, would be a smaller file than raw DV, and should be read universally acceptable.
if you’re especially keen to provide raw DV then you can deliver in Avid’s own DV codec which is part of their Quicktime codec bundle available from the AVId website
-
if they do then they’d be amazingly insightful given the dearth of info to go on!
what are your sequence settings exactly (frame size, frame rate etc)
what are your source clip settings (rame size, frame rate, camera setting eg 35 Mbs VBR / 25 Mbs CBR etc)when does it crash? what specific trigger / circumstances etc
what’s your full hardware, software profile?
-
am assuming you shot Anamorphic 16:9 right? if thay are asking for a 16:9 delivery on digibeta then they are almost certainly intending that you deliver as Anamorphic 16:9 .. recheck your deliverables
if you shot interlaced anamorphic 16:9 and your delivery format is interlaced anamorphic 16:9 then there should be no need for a deinterlacer, third party or otherwise, nor should there be any need for upscaling, resizing, letterboxing etc ie no extra loss of quality beyond the capture format