Forum Replies Created

Page 158 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm in reply to: The FCP-PPro Switch – First Result

    Hey Rafael,

    Really nice work. I enjoyed the piece quite a bit.

    Just in terms of smoothness of operation concerns, I’ll likely pin that on the compression format of material you were editing and the fact that you’ve introduced a capture card into your configuration. This is not a certainty, but rather my inference based on other posts I’ve seen here.

    Mechanically:
    “4. dissolves (video and audio) should be able to apply by right mouse click or something like that. If it´s possible, I haven´t seen it…dragging it from the effects window makes things a little slower during work.”

    This can easily be mapped to keyboard shortcuts of your choosing. If you are using the PPro hot keys, I believe it’s Cntrl (CMD) D and Ctrl (CMD) Shift D.

    “while trimming it would be great to have the option to press IN during playback and bring the edit point to that position”

    If you double click a clip on the timeline to load the edit to the source viewer, you can do exactly this in the source viewer and the change is reflected immediately on the timeline.

    Additionally, you could also use and Extend edit command to help you with this:
    see this:
    https://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2011/01/10/using-the-extend-edit-function-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cs5/

    Again,nice work. Hopefully you will find some of this useful.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm in reply to: CatDV and Adobe Premiere Pro Workflow?

    “Even if you can’t send metadata over to Premiere, you can still use CatDV to catalog your assets and search to find clips you want to use, then drag and drop them straight into Premiere. This will work just as if you were dragging the files from the Mac Finder or Windows Explorer and should work with any editing application.”

    hmmmm….

    Adobe introduced something called the Media Browser starting CS4.
    This is the method they recommend for importing material from files based workflows, particularly from material based on structured folder sets (like MXF) for example. Basically it allows them to translate these various folder structures back into browsable material. It’s also particularly important in dealing with material where clip media may have been spanned across folder sets (which happens often in the case of P2 material).

    So let’s say you do your initial library query in CAT DV, and it returns a found set, some of that found set is of the MXF variety….

    I should be able just drag and drop in to the project panel in PPro? Skipping the Media Browser?

    I’ll ask this in PPro forum as well, but not knowing anything about Cat DV I thought I’d see what the gurus have to say…or maybe there is something that Cat DV does with MXF or spanned media that negate the Media Browser in PPro?

    Thanks,

    Alex

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
    Chumney & Assoc. Advertising

  • Alex Udell

    July 20, 2011 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Any way to export in background & keep working

    Hey Jeff….

    I don’t think so. I’d love that, too.

    I’d also love render farming or SLI (multi gfx card support) in Mercury to facilitate render speed up or background rendering…. that would be SWEEEEEET….

    🙂

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 20, 2011 at 4:00 am in reply to: Any way to export in background & keep working

    Hey Jeff,

    Yes…

    In the export window, if you use the “QUEUE” button, it will send the export to Adobe media encoder for export and leave PPro free for further work.

    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSB47EC53C-76AB-4a8d-9CC8-8E12CFE54602a.html

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 20, 2011 at 12:54 am in reply to: Copy/Paste a title without altering it

    You are correct, versions need to be created in the project panel or title tool. Duplicates made in the sequence link to the same master clip.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm in reply to: Timeline way too long

    it’s the slash key with the top leaning left.

    On my keyboard it’s right over the return key and below delete.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 19, 2011 at 1:08 pm in reply to: Timeline way too long

    “”

    cow keeps stripping it out… 🙂

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 19, 2011 at 2:55 am in reply to: Mark clip in/out

    John…

    is that new in 5?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm in reply to: Timeline way too long

    SHould be the key

    🙂

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm in reply to: Mark clip in/out

    You mean mark duration in the sequence?

    Yes…

    the trick is that the clip has to be selected (clicked on) first.

    after that, should be the / key. (if I remember correctly)

    Alex

Page 158 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy