Forum Replies Created

Page 157 of 233
  • Yes, I concur. The trim window needs some work.

    One thing I’d like to see is the play head on the timeline play back in sync when you are loop playing in the trim window. I don’t know why, but I always find that a bit disconcerting.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 22, 2011 at 2:33 pm in reply to: The FCP-PPro Switch – First Result

    Agreed.

    Without being able to select trim points as objects, this would be difficult to implement.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 22, 2011 at 12:56 pm in reply to: The FCP-PPro Switch – First Result

    OK….. I think the part I’m missing is that you are doing this dynamically during playback?

    either one of my methods likely require you to stop playback. (I think)…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm in reply to: The FCP-PPro Switch – First Result

    Are you saying that with edits back to back…

    if you press IN, it rolls the edit (tail and head at the edit point) to your in point?

    WOn’t the extend I mentioned do something similar?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 22, 2011 at 12:31 am in reply to: Color grading sofware for Premiere

    Hey if you have After effects, you likely also have “Color Finesse.”

    Karl Soule did a good prezo on this via Adobe TV.

    Here’s the link:

    https://tv.adobe.com/watch/short-and-suite/color-fitness-workflow-workflow-from-premiere-pro/

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm in reply to: After Effects import to Premiere Pro

    Hey Patrick,

    You have two choices,
    you can render media from AE and bring that Media into PPro as a clip

    or you can import your comp into Premiere via:

    FILE>Adobe Dynamic Link

    then in dialogue that opens navigate to your AE project and choose the correct comp.

    which way you go depends on what you need.

    Sounds like you have pretty well built out your comp….in this case I’d the render/import method.

    You can choose dynamic link, if there is some sort of context in Premiere Pro wher you’d want to go back and edit the comp based on it’s context in PPro.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 5:17 pm in reply to: David Cherniack – Timeline length question

    glad to help.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm in reply to: Import/Media Browse P2 footage?

    Hi David….

    So your workflow is something like this?

    1) You’ve copied the folder structure from your P2 Card to a location on your hard drive
    2) In Premiere Pro, in the Media Browser Panel, set to the MXF view navigated to root of folder structure
    3) this should show you all the clips in the MXF folder structure in a list view
    4) Shift click the files in the list in the media browser
    5) Drag to project panel.

    Does this help?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 4:34 pm in reply to: David Cherniack – Timeline length question

    Hi Tom….

    So if I understand you, your preference is scrub in the record view rather than the timeline.

    In the source and record viewer (as well as the seqeunce), there is a thin bar that, by deafault extends from one end of the time ruler to the other.

    This is the viewing area bar. This allows you to control the granularity with which you can scrub. YOu can manually adjust the granularity by clicking and dragging in from either edge. and it can be “re-centered” by click on the bar itself and dragging it left and right.

    I think the problem you are having is that by default this doesn’t “snap” to the run length on the timeline. So when you have very little material on timeline and you go to scrub, it’s zoomed so far out that you experience the skipping.

    The source viewer experiences this to a lesser extent because in essence it’s run time is completely dynamic based on the of the media loaded. It still possible with very LONG sources, which is why the viewing area bar exists in the first place, to allow the option of fine scrubbing on areas of extremely long source material.

    I don’t think that there is a keyboard shortcut to adjust the viewing area bar, so I think you have to do it by mouse. (certainly worthy of a feature request)

    or alternatively,

    Scrub source in the source viewer….

    and adjust your habit to Zoom and center your sequence and scrub the record side by scrubbing in the sequence window as opposed to trying to do it in the record window.

    Here is a picture of the Viewing bar, labelled C:
    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS5DA371B7-34F6-4104-AE11-F9CE4C427A80.html

    Does that help?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    July 21, 2011 at 2:16 pm in reply to: David Cherniack – Timeline length question

    Hi Tom….

    Backslash Key “” should zoom to fit.

    Alex

Page 157 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy